Louis Vuitton experience in Milan/Rome

Agreed. I've never seen one, only other high end designers.

Oh really? I was about to ask whether there is LV store at the new Heathrow terminal. I'm planning a trip to London soon. Btw where do you buy your LV?

If my eyes were not playing tricks on me, I think there is an LV store at Changi airport. Tell me if I'm wrong.

No, there isnt any LV @Fiumicino airport.(i remember Gucci, D&G for sure)
In Rome there are 2: Piazza San Lorenzo opens @11.00
Via Condotti opens @11.00 :crybaby:too late for you i think

Thanks ROMAAMOR... now I hope they will do a pre-sale.. like on the 14th maybe? Haha. Wishful thinking. I heard from some friends they could bring out some stock for me if I just beg. Haha.:P

Nope, there's no LV store in Heathrow or Changi...
in fact, there's no LV @ any airport worldwide...

But there are plenty other designers @ Heathrow; Gucci, Chanel, Burberry, Mulberry, Tod, etc...and the duty free is fantastic too!!!:yes::yes:

Oh really? I was about to ask whether there is LV store at the new Heathrow terminal. I'm planning a trip to London soon. Btw where do you buy your LV?

If my eyes were not playing tricks on me, I think there is an LV store at Changi airport. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Nope, there's no LV store in Heathrow or Changi...
in fact, there's no LV @ any airport worldwide...

But there are plenty other designers @ Heathrow; Gucci, Chanel, Burberry, Mulberry, Tod, etc...and the duty free is fantastic too!!!:yes::yes:

Thanks for your info. You are correct, no LV at Changi - confirmed by LV S'pore. You guys are so knowledgeable.:tup:

Regards to London boutiques, I like to shop at the Sloane Street boutique. It's similar to NYC 5th Ave I guess, all the big labels down one road. You've got Gucci opposite, Chanel & Prada down the road etc. As well as this, you've got Harrods around the corner.

However the biggest store is Old Bond Street. If I were you, I'd avoid Selfridges or Harrods stores like the plague. They're overcrowded and majority of the SAs are incredibly rude since they deal with mainly people who browse.

Regards to London boutiques, I like to shop at the Sloane Street boutique. It's similar to NYC 5th Ave I guess, all the big labels down one road. You've got Gucci opposite, Chanel & Prada down the road etc. As well as this, you've got Harrods around the corner.

However the biggest store is Old Bond Street. If I were you, I'd avoid Selfridges or Harrods stores like the plague. They're overcrowded and majority of the SAs are incredibly rude since they deal with mainly people who browse.

Kenzo89, thank you for your advice. Will take note of all those places you mentioned.

Im gonna purchase my next bag in Rome, when I go there in may. I can see on the website, that there are several shops, so have any of you got any experiences (both good and bad). I would like the best possible service, as I dont purchase brand new bags often.

(Sorry for my poor english)

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if there's already a thread regarding my questions. I'm traveling to Italy for about a month beginning at the end of November, and I've been attempting to research the LV stores located in Milan and Rome. I'm most interested in the buyer's experience/store availability of popular bags, particularly the Keepall. I'm trying to decide whether I should purchase one LV here in the States and one when I arrive in Italy, or purchase them both before my travels (will be purchasing a Mono Macassar Keepall 45 and a Mono Keepall 55. Suggestions/input?). Are the prices in Italy slightly more expensive than here in the States? I saw a thread that suggested France was the least expensive country to purchase LVs.

Thanks very mjuch for the help, and sorry for the lengthy question!

Hi, I own the Macassar Keepall and greatly prefer that line over the classic Monogram line. You don't have to worry about the vachetta leather, the burgundy lining is much nicer than the standard brown lining and fewer people won Macassar pieces.

I predominantly shop at Milan, so I can only advise you about the three stores in that city. First there is the Montenapoleone Flagship store, the smaller Galleria Vittorio Emanuele store and the La Rinascente counter.

You will find the best selection at Montenapoleone, since it is the largest of the three stores. You may also find there men's RTW, shoes, accessories, watches and exotics. The sales assistant I usually shop with at Montenapoleone is Adam H. He is very kind and always willing to search for an item in their computer system or stock room. I suggest you visit that store between 10:00 and 12:00 when it is less busy.

The store at Galleria Vittorio Emanuele is also nice, the men's department has a great view of the Galleria. The selection is smaller though and there are less s.a.s; it is more likely you will have to wait for an s.a. there. I also noticed more Asian and Indian tourists at that store, whereas at the Montenapoleone store there were more Italians and Americans shopping.

The Italian prices are 5% higher than the French prices. If you visit the Italian LV website you can see the current retail price of the Keepall and convert it into USD. Please remember that as a US tourist you can claim part of the 20% VAT back.