Shall I keep this?!

egg tarts

Dec 20, 2010
Posted a similar thread in the handbags thread but I'll probably get a better response here. I've bought this Vitello Daino Boston in light grey in the sale for £555. The the stitching isn't quite aligned on one side of the bag where the two leather parts join. It's not too noticeable but I went to the Prada store today.. and I'm starting to fall in love with the Prada tote.

Shall I keep this boston and live with the misalignment or pay extra to get the tote in saffiano leather? Pleaase advise me, it's driving me crazy! :faint:

I think I prefer the look of your bag to a tote. I'm not sure what this price translates to in US dollars so not sure how great a deal you got. If it was deeply discounted, I might not mind the stitching not being perfect. But if it really bothers you, maybe you should get the tote.

well sans the stitching issue, i think that is a beautiful bag! I have the saffiano tote and it is FABULOUS! but i think it's about what style of bag you are looking for. both are lovely.

I love the tote and it sounds like you do too! I'd probably exchange it if I were you. Especially since you're already noticing faults with it.
It's not a bargain, no matter what it costs if you don't enjoy it. :smile:

I would return it and get the tote - it sounds as if that is what your heart is telling you and this is a lot of money to spend (even at the cheaper sale price) for something you are not 100% happy with :smile:

I'm awaiting the arrival of my first Prada - a Vitello Daino double handle tote in black and am so excited! :love:

Just a caveat should you actually decide to exchange for the tote--- please read the threads here in the forum regarding the quality of the totes as there seem to plenty of issues with those too. Prada QC seems to have gone to hell in a hand basket as of late. :tdown: