gathered sophia or kristin sage or kristin hobo

lovemyzoes

lovemyzoes
Jun 21, 2009
I have a gathered sophia just sitting in my closet with tags still on. I'm thinking of exchanging it for a kristin sage (smaller version) or kristin hobo in the woven material. I'm wondering if this is a mistake or should I hold onto the sophia. and if I do exchange it for a kristin, which one? the hobo or sage? I'm a shoulder bag girl. I talked to a sa about the new woven hobo and she said that she saw a video of them and she wasn't impressed with them, she said that the woven hobo didn't seem to have the quality that the woven handbags did in the past. I would love to see a picture of the woven hobo and the new smaller sage.

I do not own a gathered sophia but it is a beautiful bag.
I do own a large sage and a small hobo (not in woven material) and I enjoy both. They both fit easily on my shoulder and I am 5'6 and a size 10-12 with a 36c bust. I do think that if you get a hobo don't get it in the woven, I think regular leather is more classic and will be something you turn to time and time again.
If you really aren't loving the sophia and won't use it then I say get rid of it and get something you will use.

Whatever you decide I am sure you will make the right decision for you.

My first reaction to this is to keep the sophia, however, if you dont love her and prefer something else, I would wait and try on the other bags to make sure you want them over your sophia.

I say hold on to the Sophia till you can see the Sage and Hobo IRL.
I have a small Sophia but it's not gathered and I love it. It's a nice classic shape tht I can't get rid of it. It's one of my favorites...and I don't own a Sage but I do have a Kristin Spectator Hobo and I am in LOVE with her too! I love the shoulder strap on it b/c it's so thick and fits nicely on my shoulder. And the option of wearing it cross body makes it a handy bag! I like the Sage but that has 2 handles compared to just 1 on the Hobo bag...i say if you want a shoulder bag out of the 3 the hobo is a good choice....but make sure you really like the bag before trading in the Sophia

Since the Sophia is in your closet with tags still on, it sounds to me like you don't really love it. If that's the case, I say return it and get something that you really love and will wear. Go to the boutique and look at the contenders and make a decision that will be best for you and go for it!

The Sage is a striking bag, and the Kristin Hobo is one of my all-time favorites. You can't go wrong with either, IMHO!

thanks everyone. I have always like the kristin sage but they were too big for me so now that they have a smaller version, I'm really wanting one but once my bordauex (sp) gathered sophia is gone, I won't be able to get another but on the other hand, I'm not carrying it. now the whipstitch poppy hobo has shown up, I'm even more confused. I love the whipstitch detailing. the sa said it was $398. decisions, decisions. I think I may wait until someone can find a drill down of the sage and kristin hobo. my sa told me that the all the kristin hobo have been redesigned so maybe I should wait to see them before I make a decision. my problem is that I'm not very patient and don't like to wait. lol

It sounds like you don't like the sophia enough to carry it so why waste the money. I know when I get a new bag I usually move right in and adjust my outfits to fit my new bag, so if you haven't carried it something is probably wrong. Trade it for something you like whether it is the bags you mentioned or something else.

I agree, I would wait until you can see the new Kristins IRL. I ordered the new woven Sage, but no dd pics yet and no IRL pics until someone here gets one (another tpfer ordered one before I did). I'm dying to see the new regular Sage, new regular hobo, and new woven hobo, but I really love the new whipstitch detailing, too.

I would have trouble parting with the bordeaux gathered Sophia - I think that is the prettiest of the gathered. I waited too long and it was gone by the time I decided to get one. I ended up getting the black which is pretty too. I love my Sophias but I would love them more if they put a Kristin shoulder strap on them.
I love my Kristin spectator hobo but the Sophias are gorgeous.

I would have trouble parting with the bordeaux gathered Sophia - I think that is the prettiest of the gathered. I waited too long and it was gone by the time I decided to get one. I ended up getting the black which is pretty too. I love my Sophias but I would love them more if they put a Kristin shoulder strap on them.
I love my Kristin spectator hobo but the Sophias are gorgeous.

I can't can't wait to get my gathered bone Sophia and Bordeaux Sophia!!

But do get what YOU like! :cool:

thanks everyone. I have always like the kristin sage but they were too big for me so now that they have a smaller version, I'm really wanting one but once my bordauex (sp) gathered sophia is gone, I won't be able to get another but on the other hand, I'm not carrying it. now the whipstitch poppy hobo has shown up, I'm even more confused. I love the whipstitch detailing. the sa said it was $398. decisions, decisions. I think I may wait until someone can find a drill down of the sage and kristin hobo. my sa told me that the all the kristin hobo have been redesigned so maybe I should wait to see them before I make a decision. my problem is that I'm not very patient and don't like to wait. lol
:P I have the same illness. And with Coach there is always gonna be another bag, another season, another new design.

I agree, I would wait until you can see the new Kristins IRL. I ordered the new woven Sage, but no dd pics yet and no IRL pics until someone here gets one (another tpfer ordered one before I did). I'm dying to see the new regular Sage, new regular hobo, and new woven hobo, but I really love the new whipstitch detailing, too.
Please share pics when you get her, although I carry the large sizes in sophia, I didn't feel comfortable with the size of the sages, so can't wait to see and hear about yours. The mushroom color coach usually makes is in the brown tones