Do Pradas retain value well?

No...not like LV, Bal & Chanel, Hermes........I've always been satisfied w/ my Chanel sales but w/ Prada I know I'm going to take a hit that hurts...We Prada gals are a smaller fan base...When I buy a new Prada I buy it knowing that if I ever want to resell I'll take what I can get....any other input I would be interested in reading..great thread!

I think Prada sells well but cheaply, at least compared to the retail price. I sent about 8 of my Prada's to Yoogi's Closet and they all sold within two months. They were brand new, never used but sold for between $795-$895 and the retail was $1,500-$2,250.

No...not like LV, Bal & Chanel, Hermes........I've always been satisfied w/ my Chanel sales but w/ Prada I know I'm going to take a hit that hurts...We Prada gals are a smaller fan base...When I buy a new Prada I buy it knowing that if I ever want to resell I'll take what I can get....any other input I would be interested in reading..great thread!

I think Prada sells well but cheaply, at least compared to the retail price. I sent about 8 of my Prada's to Yoogi's Closet and they all sold within two months. They were brand new, never used but sold for between $795-$895 and the retail was $1,500-$2,250.

I second, EMMY and sckcs. When I tried to sell my Prada bags, I asked several consigners to get a quote. The quotes were much more like ridiculous lowballers on ebay. Actually one consigner refused to take them, because Prada bags are hard to sell for them. I mean they said not profitable brand for them. I listed them on ebay. Some minor styles were sold like 1/5 to 1/6 retail price. I'm not talking about well used condition bags, those were in mint or near mint condition. The popular ones were sold around 1/2 retail price and it took a long time to be sold to get that price. Again, I'm talking about bags in near mint and excellent condition.

My bag addiction started with Bal. Even though a style I'm into, is not the most popular one, I can sell them fairly nicely. So I was very shocked about Prada resell values, when I tried to sell them.

Very interesting. I wonder why? The reason I asked this question was because I was looking around on Ebay and saw many authentic Prada bags for very good prices. They were in good condition too. I'm kind of perplexed why LV would retain value better than Prada. Maybe because LV is more popular? Although LV is much more common because of that. It's an interesting phenomenon.

Do Pradas retain value well?

Great thread.
Unfortunately when items don't retain value well they start showing up in unthinkable places... lets hope Prada gets there mojo back, Im sure it will. I happen to love my Prada!

Gee, I really like Prada! Maybe I should do a Bonanza search! lol

I actually think after my extra hours over the hols which I have now spent on several HH items, I need to apply for a position as a Sofa King Banned.

Very interesting. I wonder why? The reason I asked this question was because I was looking around on Ebay and saw many authentic Prada bags for very good prices. They were in good condition too. I'm kind of perplexed why LV would retain value better than Prada. Maybe because LV is more popular? Although LV is much more common because of that. It's an interesting phenomenon.

SALE! Prada's go on sale, LV's don't. That's why the resale prices of Prada is so much lower than LV.