Books & Music What books would you read when you're sad/lost?

A book called Bats in the Belfry, by Doreen Tovey. In order for it to work, you have to love cats :biggrin: - the author writes about her life with her husband and their pet squirrel and their family of Siamese cats. It's the book I always turn to if I am feeling sad - for some reason I find this a very uplifting and comforting book.......

Hello clevercat =) How are you feeling today? I love cats as much as I love dogs. I'm just so sad now, fighting the tears, I just feel so helpless, I just want to find something to do or whatever I can to help myself get out of this sadness. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll look for it.

Hello clevercat =) How are you feeling today? I love cats as much as I love dogs. I'm just so sad now, fighting the tears, I just feel so helpless, I just want to find something to do or whatever I can to help myself get out of this sadness. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll look for it.

I mispelt - it's Cats in the Belfry - not Bats:smile:
Hope it helps. Hugs/

Jane Eyre. No matter how sad and lost she is, she's Jane and that's always enough. And she's lost before Rochester, she's lost after Rochester... but she gets the happy ending she deserves.
Hope you're ok!

Is there anything else you do other than reading to make yourself feel better? I personally find music really helps... and watching movies. And tv...lots of great shows :smile:

I love music. I try to avoid the ones that will make me sad. I tried watching movies earlier but found myself staring blankly at the screen? I guess I was too sad then. Maybe I should catch a movie soon. The other thing is play games on the ipod which I picked up lately. Sometimes I take myself out to grab coffee or to the supermarket, try not to be cooped up at home too much though I'm still am, don't really have the mood to go out.