Back to Balenciaga because of Hamilton HW. Surprise to me too.

Aarponen

Proud & Preowned
O.G.
Apr 8, 2008
I am holidaying in New York and out of curiosity and because of my former collection of GH cities visited BAL today. What a visit I should say...

New styles were not really good, most colours repetitions of former glory years... but then... OMG!!!!! Gris Poivre hamilton HW PT in rose gold caught my eyes. Never ever I have seen the kind of leather!!! I died. Not even my best chevre bags from 07 could compare, to be honest. * And I had the most amazing 07 cities, as some of you might remember. *

But this bag...Absolutely outstanding combo, and hamilton hw was just awesome. Not too small, not too large, Regular hardware looks too small on me, always has, and nowadays I dislike GH because it is too loud and heavy, takes too much attention out of rest of your outfit... Hamilton hardware in rose gold with that taupeish gray leather / love at the first sight.

I had not prepared to buy anything, but..... I found a bag that is neutral yet edgy. And leather so distressed, and evenly so it makes me cry. out of joy. Wish I could send you a picture. I will as soon as I am home.

I am making this a word a warning. I used to love passionately only ggh and gsh bags. Hated rose gold. Did not like pt. Loved loud colours. You might think you dislike hamiltons. or rose gold or, or, or...

Because of Hamilton hw and this totally shockingly good leather I fell in love with Bal again. Out goes my Birkin. I am back and with a style I should have really disliked. Beware of Hamiltons, you might actually really like them.:graucho:

Last but least my dear Bal ladies, I wish you the Balsiest New Year ever 2012.
I have missed you dearly.

I also love the look of the Hamilton leather and for you to give it such glowing praise..well it must be amazing IRL!

The colour, from other tpf'ers posts I have seen, does seem more neutral and easier to maintain than I had originally thought........:thinking: mmm...I'm expecting my one and only big RGGH City today, but if it's not totally perfect for me I think the Hamilton leather may be calling my name!

Looking forward to your pics....and lovely to see you back!

i can't wait for the New Year and a new Bal as my ban will be lifted! I am going to get my hands on a Gris Poivre City in Rggh! Will be letting go of some and getting some new ones! Excited!

I'm with you on the new giant hardware. I find the proportion works better on cities. I liked the old hardware on days and hobos, because there wasn't as much of it. I'm back too Bal mainly because of the new hardware.

Hey *Aarponen* .. WELCOME BACK; LONG TIME NO HEAR!!!

I'm with you on the Hamilton/Hardware combo .. just got back from a holiday trip to NYC .. which (of course) included a stop at the Bal-NYC store! I had already purchased the Hamilton Bordeaux mGGH Coin Purse which I LOVE (the leather just gets better every day) and had planned to get a Hamilton Bordeaux bag. For some odd reason, the Bal boutiques in the US did not purchase the Part-Time, so I bought the Bordeaux mGGH Velo. I just got the parcel the other day and have been wearing it non-stop .. and already, the leather is starting to get smooshy. Here are some pics I took today:
1325353217.jpg

1325353309.jpg

Living vicariously through all of you; sounds like the bags are really gorgeous! Going to Hawaii in a couple weeks, maybe I could actually SEE a Balenciaga store and feel some brand new bags IRL!!! NONE in Colorado :sad:. Congrats, OP and Happy New Year to all!

The leather on that Velo looks awesome - like the gorgeous smooshy thick leather I had on an old Mulberry (now sold to fund my Bal bags!) but the leather was delicious.

My experience of the Hamiltons IRL has not been so good, although I guess part of me is biased anyway as I love the original GH as it fits my personality better and the way I dress - I very rarely dress down or casually, so the blingy look of the GH is perfect for me but I wasn't totally averse to the new styles. I bought my new Papyrus City in GSH in December but before I did, I did check out the new Hamilton style in Harvey Nichols just to check I didn't prefer it and that leather wasn't so good at all. It was smoother but very dry, it felt papery and didn't have the lovely shine to it that the Velo does here! If I'd seen any bags with leather this good, I could have been swayed!

There won't be another Bal for me until next year now anyway but I might entertain a Hamilton as my next bag if I can find one with leather like this!

Hey *Aarponen* .. WELCOME BACK; LONG TIME NO HEAR!!!

I'm with you on the Hamilton/Hardware combo .. just got back from a holiday trip to NYC .. which (of course) included a stop at the Bal-NYC store! I had already purchased the Hamilton Bordeaux mGGH Coin Purse which I LOVE (the leather just gets better every day) and had planned to get a Hamilton Bordeaux bag. For some odd reason, the Bal boutiques in the US did not purchase the Part-Time, so I bought the Bordeaux mGGH Velo. I just got the parcel the other day and have been wearing it non-stop .. and already, the leather is starting to get smooshy. Here are some pics I took today:
1325353217.jpg

1325353309.jpg

I like the look of the leather. I haven't seen it IRL and wish I could reach into my screen to feel it. :biggrin:

It actually reminds me a bit of some of the 05 A-tag chevre leather that was fiercely coveted back in the day.

I like the look of the leather. I haven't seen it IRL and wish I could reach into my screen to feel it. :biggrin:

It actually reminds me a bit of some of the 05 A-tag chevre leather that was fiercely coveted back in the day.

The leather reminds me of the old Pebbled (Caribou) leather, but a thinner version (about the same thickness as that used for the Aviator & Bowler bags .. which was Veau leather).