My new Celine Phantom in Mustard (Dark Yellow)

npt08

Sep 23, 2011
I intended to get the croc embossed phantom when I went to barneys today, but I saw the phantom in mustard color (the actual color is slightly darker than the pictures), and I immediately changed my mind. I know that the croc embossed has been one of the most sought after, but I already have a couple of black bags so I decided to go with the mustard one. I also took a picture of both bags side by side. What do you guys think? Did I make the right decision?

Attachments

• 406679_10150559925244750_701264749_10701502_16179420_n.jpg
    406679_10150559925244750_701264749_10701502_16179420_n.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 4,076
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 2,897
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 3,298
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 3,003
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 3,390
I intended to get the croc embossed phantom when I went to barneys today, but I saw the phantom in mustard color (the actual color is slightly darker than the pictures), and I immediately changed my mind. I know that the croc embossed has been one of the most sought after, but I already have a couple of black bags so I decided to go with the mustard one. I also took a picture of both bags side by side. What do you guys think? Did I make the right decision?
I really like the black croc embossed Phantom because the bag exudes an effortless cool sophistication. Do you already own the Celine Mini Luggage in Black? If so, a mustard Phantom may make sense then. But, even still, I really like the croc. So utterly cool:cool: At the end of the day, your eyes gravitated to the mustard Phantom for a reason. Buy the bag that you know you'll get a lot of mileage from.

I love it! I actually have been considering this color and the burnt orange. The Phantoms in a color are just so special and down the road, I am not sure they will be as easy to re-locate as the croc-embossed in black. And besides, the croc embossed is black and black bags can be had by the dozens, but curry yellow - how special! I actually think the color is a very versatile and will add a nice punch to any outfit, without going over board.

I would personally choose the croc embossed phantom as well...but if the curry makes you happy then you shouldn't regret your decision. It is gorgeous as well!:smile:

Without a doubt, I'll go for curry over black croc! Coz i nvr buy black bags!
It's a subtle yellowy-tan that can easily add a pop of color to any outfit. LUVVV it. It kinda reminds me of the BV resina color.

The black croc also looks plasticky?!:thinking:

I like the mustard/color. I would have done the same. The croc embossed doesn't do it for me, but I have not seen it IRL though, so if you did nd chose the color then stick with it.

Hi how much is the croc black phantom bag??do you see a mini luggage in barneys as well??which barneys is it ??

I went to the one in Chicago. The croc black phantom in small is 2600, the medium one is 2900, but I didn't see the medium one at the store. I did see a mini in black smooth, a couple of macros, and a trapeze in light pink snake skin.

I'll just have to add my 2 cents...please remember this is just my opinion. I personally am not drawn to embossed leather. Get what ever you like, not what someone else thinks is better. If you wear colors that will make the curry a bag you use frequently, then that should be your choice. Now a caution, if I have to ask others what they think, it's usually a mistake on my part. Does this make sense? Either way you choose, I hope you'll love it, wear it tons, and be happy.

Without a doubt, I'll go for curry over black croc! Coz i nvr buy black bags!
It's a subtle yellowy-tan that can easily add a pop of color to any outfit. LUVVV it. It kinda reminds me of the BV resina color.

The black croc also looks plasticky?!:thinking:

I really like the croc in the pictures, but in real life it does look a bit plasticky and stiff that's why I chose the mustard. It adds a pop of color without going overboard.