Do you have LV bag that gets compliments, but......

RhudyTootie

Animal Lover :)
O.G.
Jan 4, 2008
Yesterday I went after-Christmas shopping and brought out my Vernis Alma MM in Pomme to accompany me. She had been cooped up in closet for a long time.:shame: I made a bet with myself on the way to the Mall that I would receive at least 1 compliment on her. Turns out I received 2. :biggrin: Every single time I carry my Vernis Alma, I get compliments.....even from men. (Yesterday one of the compliments was from a male sales clerk.)

While I adore my Vernis Alma, I must admit she is not my favorite LV bag. (At present, my Mahina Cirrus PM is my fav.) My question to you is do you have a bag that receives tons of compliments, but is not your favorite?

TIA! :flowers:

Oh absolutely. I find that more people gawk at me, rather than compliment my style, bag or whatever. I usually receive compliments on one of my Speedies or a wallet. I barely ever receive compliments on my more expensive/limited items.

Oh absolutely. I find that more people gawk at me, rather than compliment my style, bag or whatever. I usually receive compliments on one of my Speedies or a wallet. I barely ever receive compliments on my more expensive/limited items.

Your new Lockit is TDF! I can't imagine that you won't receive tons of compliments on it! ;)

Yes! I was just thinking about this last night actually! Ive been carrying my new DE NF MM and Ive received 3 compliments on her, but hardly any when I carry my Artsy or other bags!? I like the NF, but I like my Artsy and Delightful alot more.

I find it terrible that i only get attention on my 'deisgner' goods when in expensive stores and SA's are clearly trying to sweeten me up to make a purchase especially my LV Irene i would think its because LV's are more instantly recognisable than other brands... I find friends and family are rude about my handbags as they don't share the interest, they feel i'm selfish spending so much money on material things... :wtf: i work as a nurse in oncology and do lots of work charity fundraising, i give a lot back! plus think everyone deserves to be a little selfish if you can afford to right?... life is too short :smile:

Let me think...well I do get quite a lot of compliments on my mandarin epi jasmin and red epi lockit. But they are not my favourites. I find them less functional than my speedys, totally, and less attractive than the almas, tivoli and manhattan :smile:

I know exactly what you mean. Several of my coworkers swoon when I carry my Vernis Brentwood in Amarante, but it's not my favorite. I rarely carry it, and I'm thinking of selling it. Now there are some bold, vivid, limited edition pieces in my collection that should be making a splash, but I rarely get comments on them! Maybe it's because they aren't instantly recognizable as LV. It's so funny how that works. :smile:

I know exactly what you mean. Several of my coworkers swoon when I carry my Vernis Brentwood in Amarante, but it's not my favorite. I rarely carry it, and I'm thinking of selling it. Now there are some bold, vivid, limited edition pieces in my collection that should be making a splash, but I rarely get comments on them! Maybe it's because they aren't instantly recognizable as LV. It's so funny how that works. :smile:

I totally agree! My LE's are the ones that never receive compliments! I tend to get weird looks at my Mirage Speedy in Bordeaux and when I owned a Monogram Speedy Eclipse in Noir, I never got not one compliment. Crazy, huh?:shrugs:

*laura* said:
I find it terrible that i only get attention on my 'deisgner' goods when in expensive stores and SA's are clearly trying to sweeten me up to make a purchase especially my LV Irene i would think its because LV's are more instantly recognisable than other brands... I find friends and family are rude about my handbags as they don't share the interest, they feel i'm selfish spending so much money on material things... :wtf: i work as a nurse in oncology and do lots of work charity fundraising, i give a lot back! plus think everyone deserves to be a little selfish if you can afford to right?... life is too short :smile:

Amen to that. Lol I also give back to charity and am actively involved in fundraising yet people always look at me like I'm a spoilt brat. My inlaws make snide comments but I don't care because at least I do my part for the world unlike some ahem

I get tons of compliments and looks on my speedy 30 monogram which I find bizarre as it's quite a common bag to carry in London. Don't get me wrong I do love her but she is not my most fav bag yet she gets the most compliments lol.

I get compliments on a black leather no name cross body that my gf got me for my 18th birthday but I have yet to have any compliments on my speedy or antheia ixia. Oh well.