Does anyone recognize this Vera Bradley pattern?

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I have always maintained that I don't care for Vera Bradley's quilted bags because I don't like their brightly colored paisley patterns. But I do think that VB products are well-made, light-weight, and relatively inexpensive.

I have purchased some VB accessories in the past (lunch tote, glasses case, shoe bag) but I was certain that I never wanted a VB handbag - until yesterday when I bought one!

I was at the thrift store and came across the cute bag below in near perfect condition. It was marked $1.99 so I just had to buy it! I actually got it for around $1.50 because of a 25% off discount! And for $1 I picked up a plain white dustbag that's just the right size for it.

Does anyone have information about this bag? Like the name of the style or the pattern? Or when it was released and the approximate retail cost? Thanks in advance for your help!

[SIZE=3[IMG]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee413/katev2/VB_Spring_Flowers003.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]

VB_Spring_Flowers006.jpg

VB_Spring_Flowers007.jpg

VB_Spring_Flowers008.jpg

VB_Spring_Flowers001.jpg

It was a Limited Edition silk that came out a few years ago (about 4ish years ago?) I don't remember the exact name of the pattern -- i'm not sure if it even had an exact name or if it was just "Tropical Silk"

I did some searching, I think the style is the Nicole bag, and it's sateen, not silk (sorry about that mix up!)

Thanks so much for the information! The bag is in great condition but there are a few areas that show slight soiling. Do you know if it is possible to clean a white sateen VB bag or should I just leave it alone? Thanks again!

Not sure on the cleaning of that particular fabric, sorry! :shrugs:

Is there a care tag inside? They usually include one, but I only own items from the signature cotton line -- not sure if that applies for the other materials.

Not sure on the cleaning of that particular fabric, sorry! :shrugs:

Is there a care tag inside? They usually include one, but I only own items from the signature cotton line -- not sure if that applies for the other materials.

I found the label (duh!) and it says "spot clean with damp cloth"

Thanks again!

thats so cute! and I too usually DO NOT like the VB granny patterns :biggrin: I hope you can get the soiling out. I"ve only had some cotton bags (non patterned black and brown) and they washed in the machine.

thats so cute! and I too usually DO NOT like the VB granny patterns :biggrin: I hope you can get the soiling out. I"ve only had some cotton bags (non patterned black and brown) and they washed in the machine.

Yes, this is a very pretty young pattern. There are not many stains but I really hope that I can get them out. I will start with the spot cleaning with a damp cloth as recommended, but if that doesn't work I was thinking of trying Coach jacquard fabric cleaner. Has anyone used that product on a non-Coach non-jacquard fabric bag?

Thanks!

Yes, this is a very pretty young pattern. There are not many stains but I really hope that I can get them out. I will start with the spot cleaning with a damp cloth as recommended, but if that doesn't work I was thinking of trying Coach jacquard fabric cleaner. Has anyone used that product on a non-Coach non-jacquard fabric bag?

Thanks!

I wish I could definitively say it WOULD work, but it sure logically seems like it would work very well. maybe try a test spot if possible?