pouches - how do you use them?

bar724

Jul 3, 2010
I've pretty much blown through my purse money and am saving up for my SO, but I still crave a little RM in my life, so I was thinking of getting a few pouches. Just not sure how I would use them. I have a Coach checkbook wallet that I use, and an LV mini pouchette that I keep a few things in. I was thinking maybe I could use one for all of my membership/rewards cards that I don't necessarily need in my wallet all the time. What do you use your RM pouches for?

bar724 said:
I've pretty much blown through my purse money and am saving up for my SO, but I still crave a little RM in my life, so I was thinking of getting a few pouches. Just not sure how I would use them. I have a Coach checkbook wallet that I use, and an LV mini pouchette that I keep a few things in. I was thinking maybe I could use one for all of my membership/rewards cards that I don't necessarily need in my wallet all the time. What do you use your RM pouches for?

I use them to organize stuff in my purses; I keep tissues in one, store credit cards in another and have a third for miscellaneous stuff floating around in there! I love the sayings and have way more than I use, but they make me feel a little more organized and are so colorful that they add a little pizzaz to the inside of my bags! It also makes switching in and out of bags easier! I remember reading on here that someone kept band aids and other first aid stuff for their children in one of theirs. Which ones are you thinking of getting?

I'm not really sure which ones, just something I'm considering. There is the "can't buy me love" pouch on the after christmas sale I think. That is a good point though - making it easier to switch in and out of bags.

I'm not really sure which ones, just something I'm considering. There is the "can't buy me love" pouch on the after christmas sale I think. That is a good point though - making it easier to switch in and out of bags.

i'm addicted to the RM pouches! they are so cute and i can keep so much in there

here are some things i store in the pouches

- make up
- medicine
- bandaids/emergency type things just in case
- headphones
- credit cards, stationary, receipts
- compact mirror
- change

In my Cory pouch, I have my house keys, one of those purse hanger things, assorted giftcards. I think it would make a good case for ahem, feminine products, also.

Love pouches. As some of the other ladies have already said, I keep change in them as well as cards I don't use that often. Also, make up as well as perfume (samples and such). They're handy, cute, and allow you to carry things safely without worrying about an explosion of some sort ruining your bag.

Do any of them hold ink pens? I'm always afraid a pen is going to leak in my bags.

The ones you see usually aren't that big BUT if you have those small pens, those fit. Or you could look for a Benjamins wallet/pouch. Those have space and some card slots, too.

I think some of the pouches are big enough though I forget the names.

I bought both RM pouches and the Benjamins wallet. I would recommend the Benjamins wallet the most actually... It's a great, flat wallet that fits very well in MACS. It allows me to keep my credit cards & license in the zip pocket and $$ in the main compartment, and leaves alot of space in the bags.

I have 3 RM pouches (Cory size) including the JeNeSaisQuoi and Une Deux Trois ones, and I dont find them to be big ENOUGH to fit my normal items. I use my other non-RM pouches much more (including Clinique or old cosmetic ones) and the Bollywood and Mumbai series by Stephanie Johnson that fit much better with my stuff. Just giving you other options if you decide to stray from RM. Link below to Stephanie Johnson pouches.

I just found a photo of my pouch use...will post in a moment.

http://stephaniejohnson.com/collections.asp?s1_id=194

Here's my pouch contents (the Stephanie Johnson Mumbai & Bollywood series) when I was doing bag photos before. I find that using these pouches helps me to use larger bags (MAB or Mattinee) so they dont become caverns of JUNK.

My pouches contain (top to bottom):

Purple one= Female stuff
Beige one= Coupons, gift cards, store flyers
Teal one= Hair stuff, gum, first aid, asprin, chapstick
Gold one=Cosmetics, lotion

IMG_1388.jpg

The teal & purple ones are thick...in comparison, the RM Cory pouch would fit about 1/3 of the contents (1 lipstick with 1 compact). I'm just offering up options b/c the RM pouches dont work for me, but I find pouches to be important with her bags.

Hope that helps!!