Tiffany or Pandora?

Engel

Nov 12, 2011
I have a young cousin, (she is almost 8 right now), whom I love really much. and I want to give her on her 15th birthday (in Brazil there is something similar to the americans sweet 16, but celebrated on the 15 birthday, so i guess you can call it a sweet 15).

But I don´t know what to get her, a pandora or a tiffany charm bracelet? I would buy one charm every year (or every other year, I want all the charms to mean something, and not to be addes just because. so if there is a year i dont find any charm that would be meaningful to her, i give her something else that year) until her 15th birthday, so she would have some charms on it already when time came for me to gift it to her. but I don´t know if i get a pandora or tiffany...

Anyone here has a tiffany charm bracelet they love and wear everyday? could you please post a picture, if yes?

How does it hold up to wear?

Any of you have teenage daughters or cousins or sisters or friends? Wich one would they like more from those?

I would get all the charms soldered before gifting it to her, if you have another brand of charm bracelets, with soldered charms, that you wear daily, have you ever lost a charm?

sorry for so many questions, is just that, no matter wich one I decide to give her, will be an investment, and I want to make sure I am making the right choice, as I wouldnt be able to give her many charms at once plus bracelet when time comes, but buying one per year (if tiffany), or two (if pandora) will make it possible for me to give her an amazing gift, that I will still be able to add to in the future for special ocasions. I want it to be something she will treasure always.

Tiffany is classier , but Im afraid of the dangling charms being easy to loose.
Pandora has an easier closure, making it easier to put the bracelet on and off on your own.also, pandora has a safety chain.

Do they make safety chains for tiffany bracelets?

Any suggestion and answers are appreciatted!

my 2 cents..dont know if it helps, but ..

i have wanted to start a pandora bracelet. i got the silver/oxidized bracelet, and 3 murano glas beads...i seriously spent the last 2 weeks trying to figure out where i want to go with the bracelet, what colors i want to add, what other beads, do i like the two toned or the plain silver ones..etc

the conclusion for me was that i am going to sell all my pandora stuff again because: i want structure in my bracelets, with pandora that is soo difficult because all the beads are different. and also i was thinking for the price of some single bead i could get a whole tiffany bracelet (of course the cheaper ones but at least a whole bracelet)

combined with the fact that i think tiffany is just classier, i would deffinitele go with tiffany.

no offense to any pandora lover reading this :smile:
just my opinion

I think Pandora and Tiffany are in two different worlds, but I think that the biggest defining factor is the wearability.
Tiffany does the traditional charm bracelets, and while it is VERY pretty, they dangle and I cannot wear a bracelet like that on a daily basis unless they were small and light charms. Pandora would be less annoying to wear everday, in my opinion.
Hope that helps!

my 2 cents..dont know if it helps, but ..

i have wanted to start a pandora bracelet. i got the silver/oxidized bracelet, and 3 murano glas beads...i seriously spent the last 2 weeks trying to figure out where i want to go with the bracelet, what colors i want to add, what other beads, do i like the two toned or the plain silver ones..etc

the conclusion for me was that i am going to sell all my pandora stuff again because: i want structure in my bracelets, with pandora that is soo difficult because all the beads are different. and also i was thinking for the price of some single bead i could get a whole tiffany bracelet (of course the cheaper ones but at least a whole bracelet)

combined with the fact that i think tiffany is just classier, i would deffinitele go with tiffany.

no offense to any pandora lover reading this :smile:
just my opinion

btw, LOVE your avatar pic! I love how you hung your Tiffany bags!!!

Thank you for the opinnion. I guess I may end up with the pandora, as has security chain and all, also the weight of the tiffany charms, and i want something she can wear more.

thank you both so much for replying!