How hard is this going to be to keep clean? (The Park bag)

AshJs3

O.G.
Feb 22, 2006
My wonderful husband got me this bag for Christmas in Sand (color pictured):
cdn-i1.farfetch.com/10/11/76/65/10117665_644466_400.jpg

It's gorgeous and I love it, but how hard is it going to be to keep clean? I hate to have to go through the hassle of exchanging for black because it'd have to be through the mail, but I'm so scared to use it! I know sometimes the dye from jeans can rub off onto light leather. Is this just with new jeans or even after they've been washed many times?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• mj.jpg
    mj.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 202
What a sweet husband! It's a gorgeous colour but to be honest, maybe not the most practical. It would be a fantastic special occasion colour but if you want to use it as an everyday bag, I would look into the black, personally. Dye transfer can happen even if the jeans have been washed often (and you'll want to be extra careful if it's raining) though if you're wearing light denim it's not so much of a problem.

Good luck deciding!

Hi and congrats on your gift, how sweet of your husband! I personally haven't had any experience with this line in particular (leather type and quality can differ from line to line) but I had a light colored MbMJ and it transferred color from my well washed jeans the firs hour I carried it. I agree that for daily use it should be a darker color.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the responses! I've been searching the forum and reading about lambskin leather. He had no idea it was so delicate, but he wants me to use it and enjoy it even if it does get banged up. I ordered some of the Apple garde repellent and cleaner so we will see how it goes.

The funny thing is I had been looking at Marc by Marc Jacobs bags and he had no idea there was a difference. He wanted to surprise me, but didn't want to ask.

Thanks for the responses! I've been searching the forum and reading about lambskin leather. He had no idea it was so delicate, but he wants me to use it and enjoy it even if it does get banged up. I ordered some of the Apple garde repellent and cleaner so we will see how it goes.

The funny thing is I had been looking at Marc by Marc Jacobs bags and he had no idea there was a difference. He wanted to surprise me, but didn't want to ask.
We all know I can't keep my mouth shut on here, so I may as well give my 2 cents' worth.

I have 4 ivory/taupe bags. I have never had any problem with any of them. Granted, I don't use the same bag more than a few days in a row, but I have used them all. If I have on dark jeans and I want to carry one, I will wear a longer shirt so the bag and jeans aren't rubbing against each other.

I treat mine with Michael Kors protectant.

Just use it and enjoy it.

If I have on dark jeans and I want to carry one, I will wear a longer shirt so the bag and jeans aren't rubbing against each other.

see, this is why you shouldn't keep your mouth shut. because it would never even occur to me to wear a longer shirt, mostly because i do not own long shirts. but that does solve a potential problem.

your husband sounds like a sweetheart, OP

He really is! He got me a Damier Speedy a few years ago for Christmas but that was with much help from me! :smile: I love that bag so much and have hardly looked at anything else since I got it. I have been wanting a cross body though because my arm gets tired!

I'll have to remember to wear long shirts and definitely avoid rainy days.

I finally carried it out today and completely fell in love with it! :love: It did better than I thought. A little dirt here and there, but totally worth it. My Apple garde stuff should be here any day so hopefully that helps too.

this particular bag is known for color transfer :/ from jeans, clothes, pens, etc. so if you want to keep the bag, I would save it for special occassions? Or go for the black.

The Apple Garde finally came. Tried it on the inside around the pocket and it didn't change the color at all so I went ahead and did the whole bag. Looks good as of now! Phew!