How to vet a new buyer??

tannedsilk

O.G.
May 21, 2008
I have some items listed on Bonz, and had some communication from a potential buyer. I noticed they signed up on the the day we first spoke, no problem with that - everyone has to start somewhere. How do I decide the risk factor? Item is fairly expensive - $$$'s.

Any thought, suggestions, guidance??? - all gratefully received.

TIA :smile:

If they took the initiative to communicate with you first, I think that's a good sign (they may have Googled a similar item, found your listing, and signed up just to purchase it). Other than that I don't really have any advice...I have 2 0-FB buyers bidding on Ebay listings of mine right now, and though I usually outright cancel 0-FB bids, they are both items I've had a hard time selling. The first one of these asked me a question about the item first, which makes me feel a little better, and the second registered on Ebay the day she placed the bid (making me think she signed up just to get my item--it's the only one listed anywhere that I can find). We'll see how these go though :s

My item is the only one that I can find listed also. I assume they signed up to place the offer, I guess i'll just have to see how it goes.

Thanks for the response. GL with your bidders :smile:

I signed up on Bonanza specifically to buy something. To put the seller at ease, I gave her my ebay account name, so she can check the feedback there. Maybe you can ask your buyer for that.

Is this a domestic or international transaction? If it is an international transaction, you need to
take certain precautions.. first being a security tag on the bag... good luck & keep us posted
and would use a security tag on a domestic transaction as well

I signed up on Bonanza specifically to buy something. To put the seller at ease, I gave her my ebay account name, so she can check the feedback there. Maybe you can ask your buyer for that.

What a great idea! - Thanks for posting.

Is this a domestic or international transaction? If it is an international transaction, you need to
take certain precautions.. first being a security tag on the bag... good luck & keep us posted
and would use a security tag on a domestic transaction as well

ALWAYS a security tag. I don't do international and it is stated. I'll keep you posted, thanks for responding.

I signed up on bonanza for an item I couldn't find anywhere else. I emailed the seller to ask what shipping to Canada would be since it's a small item and says to contact for a quote. I have heard nothing from the seller and it's been a month! At this point if they ever do reply to me I know I won't be purchasing from this seller since communication is seriously lacking.