Christmas Rehab Gift Extravaganza! Nine Bags Given Away!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
As many TPFers know, I enjoy finding and restoring older designer bags, especially Coach bags; and I have already given some of my successful rehab projects away as gifts to my Mother, 2 of my Sisters, and a couple of friends.

This Christmas I decided to give away several more bags to family and friends. These were “extra presents” so everyone also received their usual store-bought gifts. In case someone would be disappointed with an older, used bag – but everyone seemed thrilled! And I’m happy to have shared my passion for beautiful bags this Christmas in a big way!

Below are 2 photos of all 9 bags in their dustbags just waiting for gift wrapping! When I started none of them had dustbags, several were missing hangtags, and one was missing a strap. They were all dirty and scuffed and worn-looking – some worse than others! After rehab they are all intact and although they will never be pristine again, I can guarantee that they are clean and as nice as I could make them!

I will post before and after pics with subsequent messages. I may have to break this into 2 threads, or upload pictures as attachments - because I don’t know if I will be able to post links to so many photos in one thread. I apologize in advance because my photography skills are not always the greatest!

Some of the bags are previous rehabs that I have already revealed and some are new projects that I’ve just completed.

A special thank you goes out to our wonderful authentication experts (Hyacinth, DemRam, BeenBurned, and others) who gave me confidence that all these bags were genuine before I began rehabbing them!

9 stuffed dustbags ready to be wrapped as Christmas gifts:
NineStuffedDustbags001.jpg

NineStuffedDustbags002.jpg

Bag #1 - Mahogany Willis 9927, made in 1999; this was a gift for my Sister. I have 3 sisters and I had already given bags to 2 of them but not the third. This is a previously revealed rehab. I got the bag at the Salvation Army for $9 and it was authenticated by Hyacinth. The dog-leash strap is a replacement, Willis bags come with a trigger clasp when they are new.

Before:
BrownWillisBefore001.jpg

BrownWillisBefore002.jpg

After:
BrownWillisAfter.jpg

Bag #2 - Black City Bag 9790, made in Turkey in 1996 and given to my oldest Niece. I bought it at the Salvation Army for $20. I had previously revealed this bag, too.

Before:
BlkCityBag008.jpg

BlkCityBag001.jpg

After:
CityBagBlkAfter002.jpg

Bag #3 - Black Station Bag 5130 made in USA in 1995 and given to my second oldest Niece. This is a new rehab project; I bought the bag at Savers for $8.

Before:
BlkStationBag001.jpg

BlkStationBag003.jpg

After:
StationBagBlkAfter001.jpg

Bag #4 - Black Court Bag 9870 made in Hungary in 1996 and given to my Niece-In-Law. The bag was purchased at Savers for $8. This is a new rehab project not previously revealed.

HungarianBlkCourtBag001.jpg

After:
HungaryCourtBagBlk003.jpg

Bag #5 - Black Ergo Pocket Flap 9033 which I gave to my Sister-In-Law. The bag was made in Turkey in 1998 and I got it at the Goodwill for $18. This is also a new rehab. She was thrilled and said that this was her “first genuine Coach bag!” and she “couldn’t believe that it had been refurbished!”

Before:
ErgoBlk001.jpg

ErgoBlk005.jpg

After:
ErgoPocketBlk001.jpg

Bag # 6 - Dark Brown Soho Flap F10910 made in China in 2007 and purchased at Savers for $8. I gave this bag to my Niece who is in college. This is also a new rehab project.

Before:
SohoLeatherFlapBrown002.jpg

SohoLeatherFlapBrown004.jpg

After:
SohoFlapBrwAfter001.jpg

Reactions: americandreaming
Bag #7 - Sonoma Small Drawstring Natural bucket 4905 that was made in Costa Rica in 1996. I thought that this would be a nice choice for my Niece in high school. This is a previously revealed rehab and I bought it at Savers for $10.

Before:
CoachSonoma_005.jpg

CoachSonoma_014.jpg

After:
SonomaBucketWheatAfter002.jpg

SonomaBucketWheatAfter001.jpg

Reactions: americandreaming
Last one!

Bag #9 - A second black Court Bag 9870 that was given to another friend. This one was made in the USA in 1996 and cost $13 at Savers. This is also a new rehab project.

Before:
BlkCourtBag001.jpg

After:
USACourtBagBlk002.jpg

wow, you sure are the quen of rehabbing! I still cant get mine to shine and I've drenched them with Apple after their baths, any suggestions?

Beautiful bags by the way you did an excellent job!

wow, you sure are the quen of rehabbing! I still cant get mine to shine and I've drenched them with Apple after their baths, any suggestions?

Beautiful bags by the way you did an excellent job!

Thank you!

It's important to let the leather rest a day or at least a few hours between treating with conditioner and not to use too much conditioner during each application - wipe off the excess.

When I have trouble getting bags to shine or if they have uneven coloration or stubborn scuff marks, I usually use Black Rock Leather N Rich; which can darken the leather a little but it often deepens and evens out the color (IMO). After using Black Rocks and letting it rest overnight, I buff the leather and then use a final coat of Leather CPR or Apple Conditioner. Again let it rest and then buff till it shines!

Reactions: Dragonflyzoe
oh my goodness lady you are a pro! and what thoughtful gifts, way more creative than just buying a purse! (although i would be happy with a new purse as well haha :smile: ) but that is so nice and thoughtful because a lot of love and care and work went into those bags!

oh my goodness lady you are a pro! and what thoughtful gifts, way more creative than just buying a purse! (although i would be happy with a new purse as well haha :smile: ) but that is so nice and thoughtful!

Thank you! I did try and match the bags to the style of each lady that received one and although they were not expensive to purchase, I invested a lot of elbow grease and TLC into them!

Wonderful job as usual! Those bags really needed some TLC and they're lucky they found their way into your hands. They came out beautiful and I think they are more thoughtful gifts because of the time you put into each one. I'm sure everyone will be thrilled to recevie these as gifts-I know I would!