Chloe Paraty or Givenchy Antigona

cakegirl

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
I have been looking for an everyday bag and it is down to these final two. Neither brand is available locally, so I am trying to get more info before I order. I am looking at both bags in medium. I am petite and don't like enormous bags. If you have seen both, how do they compare on size, weight, and leather. Which do you prefer?

I have been looking for an everyday bag and it is down to these final two. Neither brand is available locally, so I am trying to get more info before I order. I am looking at both bags in medium. I am petite and don't like enormous bags. If you have seen both, how do they compare on size, weight, and leather. Which do you prefer?

Hi cakegirl,

I've owned the medium Rock Paraty briefly but ended up selling it because I prefer black bags. I recently went to a local boutique to try on the black medium Paraty and medium Antigona. They're both relatively lightweight, but I think the medium Antigona works only as a daytime bag because of its size. The Paraty can work day-to-night, in my opinion. I can't imagine taking the Antigona out to dinner, but the Paraty would be just fine. Here are some pics I took (I'm 5'2" for reference):

1324928614-1.jpg

1324928579-1.jpg

1324928563-1.jpg

Thank you, that is so helpful. I am 5'3, and I had a feeling the medium Antigona might be too big for me. They do make a small, but it isn't very common . I really love the Paraty and that might be the better choice for me.

Hi cakegirl,

I've owned the medium Rock Paraty briefly but ended up selling it because I prefer black bags. I recently went to a local boutique to try on the black medium Paraty and medium Antigona. They're both relatively lightweight, but I think the medium Antigona works only as a daytime bag because of its size. The Paraty can work day-to-night, in my opinion. I can't imagine taking the Antigona out to dinner, but the Paraty would be just fine. Here are some pics I took (I'm 5'2" for reference):

1324928614-1.jpg

1324928579-1.jpg

1324928563-1.jpg

Great reference pics and I like your signature line, too!

OP, I have been obsessing about a black Givenchy Antigona. I gotta say riry's pics are making me sway to prefer the Paraty. Good luck deciding.

Both bags are amazing, which makes it hard to choose between them. If you have more outfits to match a structured bag, then go for the Givenchy. If you have more casual outfits (with denim), then go for the Chloe.

Chloe Paraty gets my vote. What makes me love Chloe Paraty is the softness of its leather. You can pair her with a smart dress and still look great with her.

They are both beautiful! I do think the Chloe Paraty would work better for you since you are petite and it can go with casual clothing. The Givenchy Antigona bag is gorgeous though. It's the only Givenchy bag I really like.

I love both these bags, and like you am making a decision between the two! Which one did you end up getting?

Also - would anyone know how much they retail in Europe?
Mangopudding , here are the prices in Europe:

Paraty MM: 1295 euros
Paraty GM: 1375 euros

Antigona PM: 1190 euros
Antigona MM: 1290 euros
Antigona GM: 1390 euros.