Unpleasant experience with Hirshleifers

Kiss3s

Apr 29, 2010
I tried to do my research about Hilsheifers reviews or feedback on TPF but I could not find any. This is my first time purchasing a Chanel item from Hirshleifers and I must say that I am not impressed with their customer service. I placed an order over the phone for a Chanel rain boots that was on sale ( Dec.17, Sat ) I gave all my info to the SA and if she could email me the tracking #. After 2 days of not hearing anything, I decided to send an email since I know it can get busy during the holidays, but I didn't get any response. I decided to give the SA a call after 3 days and she informed me that the order didn't go through because the only pair left has a size 8 on the left foot and a size 9 on the right foot. Her response was "I can't do anything about it, Sorry! "After waiting for 3 days, nobody even bothered to contact me! So I asked to speak with the manager and she managed to find me a pair the same day and she said that she will mail it to me. I called the day after to check but it hasn't been mailed yet. I sent an email today but to no avail. it is almost a week now since I placed my order :sad: Has anybody experienced this from Hirshleifers ??? :sad:

I have a recent first and bad experience with Hirshleifers too. They had a presale for YSL shoes but they were sold out. I informed the SA that if anyone happened to return a pair in my size to inform me. She informed me a day later that someone returned a pair in my size and then charged my credit card (but it was charged $20 more than it should) and then the next day, she told me she made a mistake it was a size larger than what I wanted so she had to refund my money.

First experience with Hirshleifers was not great for me but not as bad as yours.

i simply dont like their return policy as compared to dept stores...
and the atmosphere in that store is not very welcoming - thats putting it nicely!

I actually love the return policy. It means I get a brand new bag and no ones return. You just need to be sure you really want it. No room for buyer's remorse. I agree that it can be a pain if you are not buying in person and there is an issue with the bag. I've never found it unpleasent to go in there, but most of the SA's know I'm Penney's customer so they just ask me if I want them to page her if she's not on the floor.

I called again today and asked for the supervisor who said that she will mail me the Chanel boots but guess what??? She is off today. I asked the SA who picked up the phone if she could give me the tracking number for my order but she said that she is not authorized to do that ?!! Really? I was frustrated already at this point so, I asked if I could speak with the SA who originally helped me with my purchase but she said that she's out for the day but she might be back later, but she is not sure???!!! I asked the receptionist for the name of the company CEO so I could let them know exactly what is going on and the receptionist informed me that she will call me back to see what she could do to rectify the situation so....I am still waiting.

I have a recent first and bad experience with Hirshleifers too. They had a presale for YSL shoes but they were sold out. I informed the SA that if anyone happened to return a pair in my size to inform me. She informed me a day later that someone returned a pair in my size and then charged my credit card (but it was charged $20 more than it should) and then the next day, she told me she made a mistake it was a size larger than what I wanted so she had to refund my money.

First experience with Hirshleifers was not great for me but not as bad as yours.

This will be my first and last business with Hirshleifers and I will make sure to let the CEO know what happened so that no one will have to go through the same experience as I did. Thanks for your reply Yodaling, I really appreciate it.

i simply dont like their return policy as compared to dept stores...
and the atmosphere in that store is not very welcoming - thats putting it nicely!

I have never been to Hirshleifers but I believe what you said, and based from other online reviews that I have read. Thanks Joansie!

I think that sales times is crazy at all stores- it is too bad that the sales are leaving a bad taste in people's mouth....
I presaled a shoe in the summer and was told a few weeks later that the shoe was sold out (and I assumed it was set aside for me). I know these things happen, so I still shop there. Sorry to those who have had less than favorable experiences, but I almost always have a great experience!

I actually love the return policy. It means I get a brand new bag and no ones return. You just need to be sure you really want it. No room for buyer's remorse. I agree that it can be a pain if you are not buying in person and there is an issue with the bag. I've never found it unpleasent to go in there, but most of the SA's know I'm Penney's customer so they just ask me if I want them to page her if she's not on the floor.

It really helps to have a soild relationship with an SA. I am yet to find "the one" :smile: Thanks Lallybelle!

I think that sales times is crazy at all stores- it is too bad that the sales are leaving a bad taste in people's mouth....
I presaled a shoe in the summer and was told a few weeks later that the shoe was sold out (and I assumed it was set aside for me). I know these things happen, so I still shop there. Sorry to those who have had less than favorable experiences, but I almost always have a great experience!

Thanks babyontheway for your reply! I was being very polite with them because I know that it can get busy during the holidays but I guess it is not about my shoes anymore...it was how they handled it. For now, I will try not to let it ruin my Christmas :smile: Have a happy holidays!

My week long Hirshleifers saga finally came to an end! Thank you to Hirshleifers Business Manager (Natascha) for going above and beyond. Apparently, the shoe dept. Supervisor also gave me the wrong information by telling me that she found me a pair of Chanel rain boots and she will mail it to me before Christmas. The entire run around gave me a major headache but what's important is that the owner of Hirshleifers allowed Natascha to send me the Chanel rain boots as a complimentary Christmas gift for all this trouble that they have caused me. The boots has a size 10 on the left and a size 9 on the right. I am originally a size 9 with Chanel so, I will see if an insert on the left size 10 will help. I am just glad that this is over and done with and I can move on to having a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!:smile: Happy Holidays to all TPF members and moderators.

I'm sorry that your first experience with Hirsh was not a pleasant one, but I'm glad to hear that it ended it well for you. I don't buy a lot from them, but out of the very few times that I did, I had nothing but great experiences. Congrats on the rain boots and happy holidays.

xx

I'm sorry that your first experience with Hirsh was not a pleasant one, but I'm glad to hear that it ended it well for you. I don't buy a lot from them, but out of the very few times that I did, I had nothing but great experiences. Congrats on the rain boots and happy holidays.

xx

Hi Alice! It was quite an ordeal but I am glad that I can put this experience behind me. Happy Holidays to you and your family! Take care!

Yay! So glad it worked out! I've met Natasha. Penney had her help me when I was picking something up when she was off one day. Very nice lady.

Hi lallybelle! Thank you so much! Yes, she is so professional and true to her words. She will follow through and would not stop until the problem gets resolved. I wish everyone that I have dealt with at Hirshelfers would learn from her :smile: Take care and Happy Holidays to you and your family!