CL Heel Height Comparison

mmmcupcakes

wants it all
Dec 4, 2011
Has anyone ever tried lining up a bunch of CL shoes from 85 mm to 140/150/160 mm to see what the visual difference is between the heights/how much red shows/etc.?

I know there are some ladies on here with a ton of CLs and I think this would be a really useful tool for anyone looking to branch out of their heel height comfort zone!

(Sorry if this has been done before, I tried searching but didn't see anything.)

I happened to take a picture from someone else, between 100mm-140mm.
DSC00984.jpg

L-R: Decollete 100mm, Rolande Boucle 120mm, Bianca 140mm

Also a side shot: I do think the Decollete's are a little over 4inches (100mm) though, they look more like 110
DSC00983.jpg

For me, when I jumped from 120's to 140's I did feel a noticeable difference, and I think this height jump shows the most significant difference in the pictures too.

I happened to take a picture from someone else, between 100mm-140mm.
DSC00984.jpg

L-R: Decollete 100mm, Rolande Boucle 120mm, Bianca 140mm

This is so great, thank you! I was feeling a little self-conscious that my 100mm Pigalles didn't show enough red compared to the 120's, but after seeing this I feel a lot better - they show plenty of red and I can actually walk in them! :P

If anyone else has pics, I'd love to see them!

Here's a quick heel comparison pic (sorry its a little blurry).
From left to right:
Slingback 100s, Pigalle 120s, Pigalle Plato 140s, Lady Peep 150s, Alti 160s.

The measured heights are never perfect as you can see. The Lady Peeps are just as high as the Altis.

attachment.php

Attachments

• rsz_1img_2599.jpg
    rsz_1img_2599.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 7,809
it looks like your shoes are watching tv:lol:

Here's a quick heel comparison pic (sorry its a little blurry).
From left to right:
Slingback 100s, Pigalle 120s, Pigalle Plato 140s, Lady Peep 150s, Alti 160s.

The measured heights are never perfect as you can see. The Lady Peeps are just as high as the Altis.

attachment.php

From Left to Right:
Daffodile (160)
Greissimo Damas (140)
HyperPrive (120 but actually measures 130)
Very Prive (120 and measures true)
Very Prive (120 but measures around 112)
Pigalle (100)

picture.php

:roflmfao:

I guess the heel heights also depend on which size the shoes are, right?

My shoes are all with a size of each other so the size wouldn't really affect the heel height that much. If you compared like a size 35 to a 41 for example, you could see some substantial height differences. ;)

My shoes are all with a size of each other so the size wouldn't really affect the heel height that much. If you compared like a size 35 to a 41 for example, you could see some substantial height differences. ;)

Exactly:tup: That is what I was trying to say, but not very clearly. :P I think I read a thread somewhere about how heel heights tend to be lower for smaller sized loubis and a bit higher for the larger sizes. Can´t find it, but here is another thread that may be useful:

http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin/actual-heel-heights-426346.html