Having a problem with an ebay seller over damaged shoes. Please help

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
I purchased a pair of flats from a seller. I paid her direct to paypal . In her listing and pics, there is no mention of the bottom of the shoes being marked up. They were listed BNIB and all pics looked great .

I got the shoes and there are stickers and red , silver and black markers on the leather sole. On both shoes. Permanate marker.
There is one pic of bottom of the shoe the listing and she cropped it to not show the damage to the shoe.
I have emailed her and she says no one complains about the damage to the shoes and are happy. I am surprised at this. But ok.

I called around a few cobblers and to put leather soles on these shoes, it would be $40 and up. She had ignored me and I made a claim in paypal. I just want the shoes as I had expected them to be.
She then sent me an email saying I am a horrible person and she is a single mom and this is ruining her Holidays. She is a shoe reseller. This is not from her personal collection. She told me she got this from a NM last call and they marked them up. This was not mentioned in the listing at all. I would of never purchsed the shoes in this condition. I wish this info was disclosed before purchase.
Well , she is ignoring the claim on paypal and emailing me privately and asking me to wait, this is the holidays, single mom etc.
She has great feedback.
Is what I am asking for insane . I feel mislead in my purchase.

i think while some people are more concerned about "clearance store" wear (versus actual wear) than others (i myself don't care)*, but I do think she probably should have taken a picture of it, and probably more concerning is (what appears to be?) intentional cropping. was it possible it was by accident?

I don't actually care much about bottoms, so long as the markings don't extend to anywhere to the upper. But I can see how some purchasers might for very high end shoes and for someone who might display their collection.

I think it is a bid heavy handed of her to say this is "ruining her Holidays". If a buyer inquiring as to a not fully described sale is all it takes then this person is probably not happy often. In the end "sorry that you [seller]feel that way" but let her know that this is a not as described issue and you would be happy to resolve it as quickly as possible so you can all go back to holiday festivities rather than ebay dispute.

No you are not insane, but I would just try to be as objective and as limited with communications as possible. This is a business transaction, not a personal exchange, and she is clearly trying to drum up personal sympathy (if I as I understand it she is just reaching out to you personally instead of official avenues and you had not done the same)

Yah, they are Manolo shoes and I do care about the bottoms. Very much so. I have the same pair in black and I love that they have a nice smooth velvet like leather bottom. So I see this as damage and yes she cropped the photo as to not show were the damage is.

Just because she didn't make the damage herself, it is still there.
Yes I wish she would be professional and not send e personal emails!

I purchased a pair of flats from a seller. I paid her direct to paypal . In her listing and pics, there is no mention of the bottom of the shoes being marked up. They were listed BNIB and all pics looked great .

I got the shoes and there are stickers and red , silver and black markers on the leather sole. On both shoes. Permanate marker.
There is one pic of bottom of the shoe the listing and she cropped it to not show the damage to the shoe.
I have emailed her and she says no one complains about the damage to the shoes and are happy. I am surprised at this. But ok.

I called around a few cobblers and to put leather soles on these shoes, it would be $40 and up. She had ignored me and I made a claim in paypal. I just want the shoes as I had expected them to be.
She then sent me an email saying I am a horrible person and she is a single mom and this is ruining her Holidays. She is a shoe reseller. This is not from her personal collection. She told me she got this from a NM last call and they marked them up. This was not mentioned in the listing at all. I would of never purchsed the shoes in this condition. I wish this info was disclosed before purchase.
Well , she is ignoring the claim on paypal and emailing me privately and asking me to wait, this is the holidays, single mom etc.
She has great feedback.
Is what I am asking for insane . I feel mislead in my purchase.

Ask her for a partial refund of $40 to repair the soles or a refund to return the shoes.
How much were the shoes?
The guilt trip, she is inflicting upon you is ridiculous.
Be honest with yourself and do what is best for both parties involved.:smile:

I don't think you are unreasonable at all. The seller should have disclosed visible flaws. If you knew the flaws, you didn't need to waste your time and money at all. Please don't let your seller make you feel bad.

The seller here is being unreasonable.... there is no reason for her to tell you that she
is a single mom & you are ruining her holidays....it has nothing to do with the issue at hand
which is receiving a pair of damaged shoes...if your seller is willing to compensate you
for the repairs and you will be happy, then consider that... if not just open the claim on pp..
after all, she wasn't so concerned about misleading you about the condition of the shoes,
do what you need to do... and please don't allow her to make you feel bad... she should
be the one who feels guilty...

She is counting on you to drop it to avoid the hassle. That is why she is trying to make you feel guilty. She was totally wrong in not disclosing the damage in her listing. If you have to open a case with Ebay, make sure you include pictures of the marks.

For high end items, every detail matters - unless she charges a very very low price in the first place but still, full disclosure of the exact condition is essential. I would pursue refund (full or partial for repair) if I were in your shoes.

So far she is not responding to the case. There are 8 days left. She will wait to the last minute. I wish I could say her user id here as I bet many pfer's buy from her.
I can't leave her bad feedback as I direct purchased them on paypal. What a horrible seller!

So far she is not responding to the case. There are 8 days left. She will wait to the last minute. I wish I could say her user id here as I bet many pfer's buy from her.
I can't leave her bad feedback as I direct purchased them on paypal. What a horrible seller!

Feel free to PM!:lol::lol::lol:

I know how you feel OP. I bought shoes on fleabay and the seller stated 3mm when I asked about the scuff near the toe. When I received it, it measured to 0.5"! I filed a SNAD case with PP and seller took her time (5days) to respond when I had escalated it. It took a month and several phone calls to PP but I finally got my refund last week. Best of luck to you.

If the seller doesn't respond, PP will automatically close the case in your favor. Let's just hope that happens instead.

Color me crazy, but unless you go around walking on your hands aren't the bottoms of the shoes going to get worn anyway? I have a few dozen shoes from NM Last Call and Nordie Rack--- all with the dread stickers and/or pen marks. I peel the stickers off and after a few times of shoe leather meeting pavement the marks have all gone away too. Even my CLs lose that oh-so-valuable red sole after I have worn them a few times.
Sorry, but IMO stickers and markers on the sole don't equal damage. Apparently you do and that is fine. But, if as you say, and I quote "I do care about the bottoms. Very much so." why on earth wouldn't you ask for photos of the entire bottoms?
While I do show the soles of the shoes I list in their entirety I can certainly understand a seller being perplexed at a buyer being so upset over stickers on the bottoms of the shoes. That does not excuse her unprofessional correspondence. Why she needs the money is not the issue.

Color me crazy, but unless you go around walking on your hands aren't the bottoms of the shoes going to get worn anyway? I have a few dozen shoes from NM Last Call and Nordie Rack--- all with the dread stickers and/or pen marks. I peel the stickers off and after a few times of shoe leather meeting pavement the marks have all gone away too. Even my CLs lose that oh-so-valuable red sole after I have worn them a few times.
Sorry, but IMO stickers and markers on the sole don't equal damage. Apparently you do and that is fine. But, if as you say, and I quote "I do care about the bottoms. Very much so." why on earth wouldn't you ask for photos of the entire bottoms?
While I do show the soles of the shoes I list in their entirety I can certainly understand a seller being perplexed at a buyer being so upset over stickers on the bottoms of the shoes. That does not excuse her unprofessional correspondence. Why she needs the money is not the issue.

It's one thing to have the opportunity to look & inspect a shoe upclose... if
stickers & markers don't bother you, that's your call & that works for you
Some people are very particular about the condition of their shoes
and that does include the sole be it CL red or the luxurious sole of Manolo
The seller should have disclosed pics of the entire shoe.. she choose not to & it is
obvious why...and perhaps the potential buyer should have asked for a
picture of the entire shoe...
But the seller here is not being courteous or professional in the manner in
which she is handling the OP and to tell the OP that she is a single mom & this
is ruining her holidays isn't right, IMO...