Secret Tips for Caring For Your Celine

Hello,

I pounced on this Celine in a thrift store --- I'm certain it's authentic from the interior tags and quality, and the bag body looks great but the handles have these awful discolored dark greenish brown spots as pictured at http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/4/1/2/4/6/4/webimg/531478712_o.jpg and http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/4/1/2/4/6/4/webimg/531478748_o.jpg.

Did a little web sleuthing and noticed that other vintage/used Celines with this particular patterned leather have the same issues.

Does anyone here know if it's possible to remove such deepset stains and what causes them?

Also, I think this is a vintage piece but am not 100% sure, if anyone could enlighten me I would be most grateful... here's a full photo:

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/4/1/2/4/6/4/webimg/531478219_o.jpg

Thanks!

How lucky was I today! I just used Collonil leather gel and waterstop spray on my luggage and today I got caught in a really heavy downpour. But my bag held up so well! I used a tissue for wiping off excess water (everybody must thought that I was nuts lol). The water that came off was a bit oily due to the leather gel. But now, a few hours later my bag is still in a perfect condition!
So I can recommend everyone to use a protection spray and conditioner! I do this with all my bags.

How lucky was I today! I just used Collonil leather gel and waterstop spray on my luggage and today I got caught in a really heavy downpour. But my bag held up so well! I used a tissue for wiping off excess water (everybody must thought that I was nuts lol). The water that came off was a bit oily due to the leather gel. But now, a few hours later my bag is still in a perfect condition!
So I can recommend everyone to use a protection spray and conditioner! I do this with all my bags.

Awesome post! Where can one buy Colonil?

Awesome post! Where can one buy Colonil?
Here in Holland i've seen it at my local cobbler and department stores. I bought it when I got my Mulberry bag so Mulberry stores are selling it too. And I just checked ebay for collonil and you'll find plenty of sellers offering collonil products.
HTH :smile:

I have the cabas and the luggage in pebbled, and i realize it's VERY IMPORTANT to keep them stuffed when not in used. especially the pebbled because it tends to soften over time. dun try to hang the cabas like they do in the shop as the leather is so tender! i can see creases in mine after use.:smile:

Here is another secret weapon, this one for Box Bags: La Mer moisturizing cream can be effective in restoring a bag's luster and removing surface marks and superficial scratches! Yet another awesome Nordies SA told me about this, and says many women who sample the cream in the store will gently rub any extra cream remaining on their hands onto their fine leather bags.
Who would have thunk... ?
They use it specifically on Celine Box Bags to buff out any marks from handling.

Here is another secret weapon, this one for Box Bags: La Mer moisturizing cream can be effective in restoring a bag's luster and removing surface marks and superficial scratches! Yet another awesome Nordies SA told me about this, and says many women who sample the cream in the store will gently rub any extra cream remaining on their hands onto their fine leather bags.
They use it specifically on Celine Box Bags to buff out any marks from handling.

Wow! I would be nervous about discoloration. Have you tried this??

That sounds awfully expensive! I wonder if other moisturizers do the trick? :confused1:
I'd also like to know if anyone has tried this one..

For those in Singapore, I've always sent my bags to BagSpa or Colorwash to get them protected with a transparent coating. This preserves the color of the bags for longer, helps to waterproof the leather and supposedly prevents scratches according to the lady at Colorwash. I think this is especially helpful since the weather in Singapore's always so cranky, from hot and humid to a crazy thunderstorm.

On the other hand, some people prefer leaving the leather to breathe normally so it can age well, and just wipe it down after every use with a leather conditioner. (:

Can you ladies recommend a good leather conditioner to remove color transfer from my Smooth Camel? It's not a lot just one of the handles, maybe it was my black leather jacket.. dun know, but it annoys me and I want to clean it. Any input? :flowers:
d718d522.jpg