Travel Has anyone ever entered the wrong information for the secure flight data?

xostephie

Jan 10, 2009
Hi Guys! I apologize in advance if this question was asked, but I searched and didn't see anything. A friend booked an international flight using Reward Miles on my behalf. They entered my name correctly, but entered the wrong year of birth for the secure flight data-I'm a little offended here because he marked me 3 years older:P He did get the correct day and year though, haha. I have honestly not flown in some time, and I am really freaking out now! I tried contacting American Airlines, but did not get much help. I guess my questions are A) Am I totally screwed, and B) if I can get this corrected, will he have to be the one to do it since it was his miles, or can I take care of it since it's my ticket (I'm hoping this is the option).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am not even sure what they use that data for because it's not like it shows up anywhere on your ticket. I have never had that happen personally, but I am guessing it's probably not a big deal. It might get you flagged for them to handcheck your luggage but I would guess that's probably about it. Hopefully someone can chime in with some solid info for you.

Hi Guys! I apologize in advance if this question was asked, but I searched and didn't see anything. A friend booked an international flight using Reward Miles on my behalf. They entered my name correctly, but entered the wrong year of birth for the secure flight data-I'm a little offended here because he marked me 3 years older:P He did get the correct day and year though, haha. I have honestly not flown in some time, and I am really freaking out now! I tried contacting American Airlines, but did not get much help. I guess my questions are A) Am I totally screwed, and B) if I can get this corrected, will he have to be the one to do it since it was his miles, or can I take care of it since it's my ticket (I'm hoping this is the option).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You're not screwed.

it's ticketed in your name and you should be able to have an AA rep correct it for you before you fly. If not, when you check in at the airport, they can do it.

They use the info to match up against your passport if you're flying out of the country and vice/versa

Thats ok, i entered my mother's DOB incorrectly once for a BA flight. Its easy to change that at any counter. OTOH If you misspell the name that might be tricky.