Papyrus owners - is this colour high-maintenance?

xbabe82517

O.G.
Jul 19, 2010
I'm ordering a Papyrus Bal this week - RH or GSH, depends what's available! My current Bal is an Anthra and prior to that I had a Castagna Day bag, so I've never actually owned a pale Bal colour before.

Is this colour high-maintenance in terms of colour transfer, getting it wet, etc? I live in the UK so it rains a LOT all year and my Anthra has been literally drenched several times with no ill effects but I'm just wondering if my Papyrus will require more babying...

The handles. All pale Bal colours are high-maintenance because the handles and the cords darken. So you have to obsess about all sorts of stuff like, don't put hand cream on before you carry your bag, don't hang your bag off your arm if you're wearing long dark sleeves, don't grab your bag after you've just pumped your car tyres or something like that, and make sure you only carry pens with twist-retractable tops since pens are the natural enemy of all light bags. Etc, etc.

I don't have a Papyrus bag - only a Papyrus bracelet, which has survived being wet a few times, but I have other light Bals that haven't minded getting heavily rained on. More of a danger in the wet is if you have wet and dark clothes.

My Papyrus has been worn and loved a lot; albeit, carefully. I treated the handles with Miracle Shield and they have not darkened on tiny bit. I find the color doesn't pick up dirt easily like some colors do. No color transfer and no dirt for some reason.

Love it, will never part with it.

Hi rere, this is not related to op's question.. But i noticed that u mentioned you used miracle shield on the handles of papyrus.. Are u referring to lovin my bags?
Coz i just got myself a bdr.. And i'm also concerned about the handles darkening.. I treated it with lovin my bags' for handles only.. But do u think miracle shield is better?

Thanks in advance!

REREsaurus said:
My Papyrus has been worn and loved a lot; albeit, carefully. I treated the handles with Miracle Shield and they have not darkened on tiny bit. I find the color doesn't pick up dirt easily like some colors do. No color transfer and no dirt for some reason.

Love it, will never part with it.

Hi rere, this is not related to op's question.. But i noticed that u mentioned you used miracle shield on the handles of papyrus.. Are u referring to lovin my bags?
Coz i just got myself a bdr.. And i'm also concerned about the handles darkening.. I treated it with lovin my bags' for handles only.. But do u think miracle shield is better?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Anika! Yes, I prefer LMB's Miracle Shield 100x to the For Handles Only. I've used both and prefer Miracle Shield - dunno why but it seems to retain the natural shine better. The FHO seems to matte the leather. Don't use both though, I'd say use one OR the other.

Hi rere! i used FHO with my bdr.. and i'm not very confident that it does its purpose..

i'll wait for a couple of weeks and then try the miracle shield :smile:
thanks for the advice!

Hey Anika! Yes, I prefer LMB's Miracle Shield 100x to the For Handles Only. I've used both and prefer Miracle Shield - dunno why but it seems to retain the natural shine better. The FHO seems to matte the leather. Don't use both though, I'd say use one OR the other.

I've been wearing my papyrus Day almost everyday since July... it doesn't show much of worn, darkening or rubbing. I think it's not a high-maintenance color and I love it :tup: