Time limit for leaving feedback?

GirlieShoppe

Formerly HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
Does anyone know if there is a time limit for leaving feedback? I bought a high-ticket item for my DH's office about 2 months ago. It arrived broken and when we contacted the seller, they sent a replacement part to us. We received the replacement part a few weeks later, but it did not work either (they sent the wrong one). We are still waiting for the correct one to arrive. They have been answering our messages very, very slowly (several days after I send the message). The seller is a company so they should be answering messages within 1 business day, IMO.

At this point, the best feedback I will give them is neutral but I'm waiting to see if we get the replacement part. However, I don't want to wait too long and miss the opportunity to leave feedback. Should I go ahead and leave neutral feedback now? I should also mention that while we were waiting for the item to arrive, I sent them 2 messages asking for a tracking number. They answered the first message by saying the item would be there soon but did not offer a tracking number. The second request went completely ignored. The item arrived over 2 weeks after we paid for it. We are one state away from them so I know it wasn't transit time that took so long.

Thanks, ladies! I appreciate any advice you might have!

If it´s two months ago I don´t think you can leave feedback anymore. Check your ebay purchases, is the listing still viewable? If so, then you can leave feedback.

I am not sure so wait for the experts.

Sorry about this! I hope the next replacement part works!

If it´s two months ago I don´t think you can leave feedback anymore. Check your ebay purchases, is the listing still viewable? If so, then you can leave feedback.

I am not sure so wait for the experts.

Sorry about this! I hope the next replacement part works!

Hi Lovely64, thanks for your reply! It is no longer viewable in my ebay purchases section of MyEbay, but I can still pull it up under Ebay Bucks. I'm thinking I should go ahead and leave neutral feedback now so I don't miss my chance.

Have you checked the FB link on the left hand side in the "shortcuts" box? Usually fleabay just lists all items that you haven't left FB for. Check if it's there.

I didn't know about that link -- thanks, mizsunshyne! I was able to pull up the listing via the Ebay Bucks section and I left neutral feedback that said, "Item arrived broken, still waiting for replacement part." I also gave them 2 stars for communication since it takes so long to hear back from them. Hopefully we'll hear from them soon!

Why did you leave a neutral instead of a negative when you received a broken high end item and a replacement part that was wrong? I think I would be pursing snad or chargeback ASAP.

I would have left a negative to warn others they might end up with nothing useable for their money. I do not think neutrals hold much weight. Definitely do a chargeback.

I agree with charleston mom. I would consider filing CC chargeback by now. OP, I'm not sure why you are so patient with the seller who can't make things straight for more than 2 month. Is the item too heavy to ship back?