Transfers, deletes, the outlets and the online site -- INFO/QUESTION

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
Was at my outlet Coach over the weekend. The manager told me that they are going to stop transferring deletes to the outlets and put them on the online factory sale, just like they did with jewelry-- and that means the max discount will be 30%. No more 50%-30% or 20%. We've all seen some deletes online already. But stop transferring deletes to the outlets completely? Anyone know? Sounds like my collection really will be complete!

I have not heard any info about this, but if it is the case, I will stop going to the outlet competely and since I have never been invited to one of the online sales I will rely on dept store sales and/or ebay. My kids will be thrilled as they hate going to the outlet and I'll save $ in gas.

I have not heard any info about this, but if it is the case, I will stop going to the outlet competely and since I have never been invited to one of the online sales I will rely on dept store sales and/or ebay. My kids will be thrilled as they hate going to the outlet and I'll save $ in gas.

this is me exactly

Reviving my old thread... Why would one manager tell me "no more deletes" except online, and others say, yes to both? Do you think it's different in different areas of the county or is someone just wrong?

Well, if they do stop sending to the outlets, which in my area, there are hardly any anyway, I will completely stop buying Coach all together. I have spent $100s of dollars at both FP and the outlets both and have never gotten an invite to the online sale. It kinda ticks me off when I see that alot of ppl get those invites and haven't purchased anything recently. I buy something monthly (if not more) from each and always give my name, zip code and email address. And I am not on the "do not mail" list. I almost ALWAYS use the PCE when I get it. I have signed up numerous times for the online sale as well, but still nothing.

Reviving my old thread... Why would one manager tell me "no more deletes" except online, and others say, yes to both? Do you think it's different in different areas of the county or is someone just wrong?

This has been discussed in the past, no more fp deletes going to outlets (end of last year if I remember correctly.)
People reported their managers saying there would be no more delete bags going to outlets, and then other managers saying the opposite. So it seems like there's a lot of second guessing going on.

I don't know myself, having no inside info, but with the factory store site listing more and more delete bags, it just makes sense that there will be less for the outlets. My guess is that JAX will keep the deleted bags and sell them online rather than sending them to the outlets, saving them a lot of shipping and handling expenses. While the boutiques will continue to do as they do now, sending some bags to the outlets (including the returns or slightly damaged bags) while others will be sent back to JAX.

Personally, I will be very unhappy if this happens because we finally just got an outlet close by, and the only reason I go there is to see what fp deletes came in. :tdown: