Beware of fakes in Asia

blingbaby

Just Love Hermes !
O.G.
Jul 13, 2007
This is very interesting..... I have just returned from Asia yesterday and was amazed to see an array of ostrich and multi-colored (togo) birkins, appearing at first glance to be all genuine. These were at a high end market near Thai Airways, where apparently all the office girls go in their lunch hour to shop for designer items. On looking more closely I could see at once by the price tag that they were not genuine, but I can tell you the scary thing is that they had most things pretty spot on and to the uneducated eye they could definitely pass off as genuine bags. Slightly tempted, but lol the only thing I bought was bag handle covers, hand crocheted that fit nicely over a birkin with a zipper to protect handles, another option to the twilly.

I did put this paragraph in another thread in answer to a comment by Iffah, but as it is not really related to that thread, thought I would put a separate one here.

:hugs:

Asia alone has thousands of resellers and consignment boutiques. From facebook to online to physical stores. Buy at one own's risk.:police: This is happening around the world as well. While Birkins are still desired, more and more locals who started to venture into Hermes like to buy the non-Birkins, displayed at Hermes boutiques. Which is good, I think, as a start.

The previous discussion:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/how-tell-stolen-bag-what-happens-when-stolen-697826-2.html

It's scary how good the fakes are getting! Awhile ago, a friend of mine emailed me a link to what she thought was legitimate site selling Hermes products. I immediately knew they were fakes (everything was priced at under $500), but the bags looked so real. They are copying even the tiniest details. This makes me very uneasy about purchasing from a reseller. I replied to my friend's email with a list of reputable resellers and told her that she will never find an authentic Birkin or Kelly priced that low - ever.

Wow thanks for the heads up.

My dad's friend just purchased a "crocodile birkin" for $50k USD but when my parents saw the bag, they noticed there was crooked stitching. This is not normal right?

Btw, can any of you post piks of fakes or link to a fake picture?

Thanks

Thanks for the warning but being an Asian, it has never been a problem or 'big deal' for me or my friends whether we are buying a fake branded good or not because the price immediately said so. However it is those (fake bag that selling at a geniune's price ie in Evilbag or high end shops) thats we are afraid off. Just my 2cts:biggrin:

This is very interesting..... I have just returned from Asia yesterday and was amazed to see an array of ostrich and multi-colored (togo) birkins, appearing at first glance to be all genuine. These were at a high end market near Thai Airways, where apparently all the office girls go in their lunch hour to shop for designer items. On looking more closely I could see at once by the price tag that they were not genuine, but I can tell you the scary thing is that they had most things pretty spot on and to the uneducated eye they could definitely pass off as genuine bags. Slightly tempted, but lol the only thing I bought was bag handle covers, hand crocheted that fit nicely over a birkin with a zipper to protect handles, another option to the twilly.

I did put this paragraph in another thread in answer to a comment by Iffah, but as it is not really related to that thread, thought I would put a separate one here.

Thanks for the warning but being an Asian, it has never been a problem or 'big deal' for me or my friends whether we are buying a fake branded good or not because the price immediately said so. However it is those (fake bag that selling at a geniune's price ie in Evilbag or high end shops) thats we are afraid off. Just my 2cts:biggrin:

You are absolutely right. I guess because of the price it was immediately recognizable as a fake, but scary that someone could buy that and pass it off for real. And nothing against Asia either, I go there often, but just you don't see that sort of thing in Australia.

You are absolutely right. I guess because of the price it was immediately recognizable as a fake, but scary that someone could buy that and pass it off for real.

And nothing against Asia either, I go there often, but just you don't see that sort of thing in Australia.

Cool mate! we are so used to seeing it..so is a amusing when foreigners saw that for the first time:biggrin: so plentiful..