Does this look like collusion to you?

I was bidding on the cheetah sunglass case until I noticed the shill bidding. Why has she been allowed to stay around so long? It looks like she has gotten brazen in her shilling because she has gotten away with it so many times.

shouldn't that be shill*angel2011 :lol:
:lol::lol: great one!!

Ebay doesn't give a rat's patoot about shill bidding......why else do you think they started hiding bidders' identities a few years ago? Certainly not to protect the bidders like they claim. Shill bidding=higher bid amounts= more $$$$ for Ebay.

Slightly unrelated, but I have heard that there are people who work for Ebay who bid on items. What is their purpose? Couldn't they also drive the price of an item up unnaturally?

Slightly unrelated, but I have heard that there are people who work for Ebay who bid on items. What is their purpose? Couldn't they also drive the price of an item up unnaturally?
Ebay employees are also ebay members and are allowed to bid or buy items in which they are interested. They are just like any other customer/member who wants to shop.

The only difference is that ebay members must identify themselves as such, whether they are the buyer or the seller.

But they can't shill. If they drive a price up, it's because they want to win the item.

ETA. Here's the policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-employee.html

Ebay employees are also ebay members and are allowed to bid or buy items in which they are interested. They are just like any other customer/member who wants to shop.

The only difference is that ebay members must identify themselves as such, whether they are the buyer or the seller.

But they can't shill. If they drive a price up, it's because they want to win the item.

ETA. Here's the policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-employee.html
Thanks. I don't know where I had heard that there were employees that were specifically hired for the purpose of buying.

Thanks. I don't know where I had heard that there were employees that were specifically hired for the purpose of buying.
You're welcome. The only reason I remembered that info is because I got a message from someone who emailed to let me know they were interested in an item and were required to disclose the fact.