Can I carry my laptop in a Neverfull?

Jul 4, 2007
Owned a Neverfull GM at one point and am doing a lot of traveling now and am starting to regret selling it. Could I carry a laptop in this bag or would I run the risk of the straps breaking?

the bag can hold up to 200/250 lbs, the question is can YOU bear the laptop in the tote with really thin straps that literally slice into your shoulder, regardless of coat or shirt. I would advise against it and go for another tote if you want to carry a laptop

Reactions: epeLV
I carry my MacBook in my Neverfull MM, and it isn't at all uncomfortable. It's a bit awkward though, because of the base of the bag, but it's usually fine if my bag is filled with books as well. And I carry like 6-7 books with me or so. I think the straps will be fine with the weight, depends on you though! : )

I have a never full gm and carry my 13" MacBook in it daily with no problems! I also fit a purse organized and water bottle. It is a bit awkward if you wear it cinched but uncinched it definitely works! Since the bag itself is so light in the end I find it more comfortable than if I were to carry the laptop in a heavy padded laptop bag!

hatbox said:
I have a never full gm and carry my 13" MacBook in it daily with no problems! I also fit a purse organized and water bottle. It is a bit awkward if you wear it cinched but uncinched it definitely works! Since the bag itself is so light in the end I find it more comfortable than if I were to carry the laptop in a heavy padded laptop bag!

This is so true!!! I first bought a delightful thinking the NF straps would be uncomfortable and I was so wrong. The bag is so light that even loaded with books it doesn't dig into my shoulders. I love it!!!! The most practical bag LV makes, I use it almost daily with no issues.

I also have NF GM in EBENE, carried the macbook air 11' and no problem at all.. and there was still plenty of space for other stuff.. I think it is really great bag which will work for traveling too...cause last night me and my husband just came from some short trip.. He loved using my NF, DH said that it was the best bag for traveling he ever used:lolots:

(I just posted these in response to another thread, so I thought I should update this one too).

Here is a photo of my NF GM with a 13'' macbook (the old white kind that is about as heavy as the Pro, so this is NOT the air). I have had my NF and use it M-F with a laptop, sometimes weekends too and also for travel on the plane (again with laptop) - since Jan 2011. I think it is perfect for a laptop, with room to spare for water bottle, purse organizer, and any number of other things. Surprisingly the bag does not sag with the laptop as long as the organizer is also in there. I initially used a base shaper but found I did not like it as it made the bag feel too "big" to me, and I was worried due to the weight the base shaper corners might cut into the canvas around the perimeter of the base.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 4,588
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 4,104
Hmmm...I have an NF GM, and don't get me wrong, I love it, but it gets pretty heavy after a few hours just with my regular stuff in it. I've never tried to carry my laptop in it (although I know it's certainly roomy enough) because I would think it would be super uncomfortable. Those narrow straps get to me after awhile just with the average daily load that I carry (maybe it's just me carrying too many heavy items in my bags? That's a possibility! :shrugs:) So I personally wouldn't use it as a computer bag unless I had to for some reason.
However, I do know someone who owns two NF MM's specifically to carry her laptop. She uses the azur one in spring/summer and the ebene one in fall/winter. She tells me that they make perfect computer bags. So I guess it depends on the person, and what type of computer he/she has. Carrying a Macbook Air in an NF might not be too bad.

the bag can hold up to 200/250 lbs, the question is can YOU bear the laptop in the tote with really thin straps that literally slice into your shoulder, regardless of coat or shirt. I would advise against it and go for another tote if you want to carry a laptop

Wow...I have heard that the bag can hold a lot of weight (which I can testify because I carry everything but the kitchen sink in my NF) but where did you find the info on the exact amount of weight that it can carry? I would love to read that. Thanks! :smile:

Wow...I have heard that the bag can hold a lot of weight (which I can testify because I carry everything but the kitchen sink in my NF) but where did you find the info on the exact amount of weight that it can carry? I would love to read that. Thanks! :smile:
manager of GSP NJ LV store. it was eitehr 200 or 250.

I carry my 11" MacBook Air and no prob. I used to carry my 15.4" and no prob also, except sometimes the straps would dig into my shoulder and that hurt.

manager of GSP NJ LV store. it was eitehr 200 or 250.

Impressive, considering that the straps are so narrow and that the bag itself is so lightweight. Of course, nobody is actually going to carry that much on the shoulder because it would obviously cause a serious injury, but it's good to know that you don't have to worry about carrying heavy loads in the NF. I tend to baby my bags just out of habit, but it's nice to know that with my NF, I don't necessarily have to baby it if I don't want to. Those narrow straps really do hurt after a while of carrying heavy things in my NF though.