Christmas/Thank You gift for my Aunt

Which scarf should I buy my Aunt?

• Louis Vuitton

• Hermes

• Girl, take her to the store and let her choose!

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrsKaufman

Nov 29, 2011
My dear Aunt lives in Geneva and will be coming to Paris to see my husband and I during our stay!

She's letting us stay in her beautiful apartment in Paris. As a thank you gift and Christmas gift, I want to get her either a Hermes Scarf or Louis Vuitton scarf. I don't know which brand I should buy.

A little about my Aunt: she's in her 50s, a cardiologist, very conservative and extremely snobby :giggles:! I love her but she can be very intimidating :shrugs:! I know she wears both brands but which would be the best gesture of "Merci Beaucoup et Joyeux Noel"

What a generous and thoughtful gift!

I love both LV and Hermes but when it comes to scarves, I would go with Hermes any day!
I love, love, LOVE their designs - especially the 90 silk twills or the Twillys!

Do you know what kind/type of scarf you are looking to buy?

I'd say Hermes over LV I like both but I feel like Hermes is more classic I feel like some of the LV scarfs are more trendy/flashy. If you choose to get it without her I'd say get it while in Paris that way if she really doesn't like it, it won't be a hassle for her to exchange it.

From what you've told us about your aunt, I think Hermes would provide you more options. Both brands have some beauties in the scarf and shawl department but LV's range has a mixture of fun and classic looks whilst Hermes sticks to more refined styles. Either way, its a lovely thought and I'm sure she'll love whatever you decide on :smile: