Got a croc birkin today (2011) but stamp N (2010)?!

iamaka

Oct 14, 2011
Dear tpfers,

My mom got offered and bought a croc birkin from H boutique today but it's stamped N, we are so shocked!!! Are we paying 2011 price for a 2010bag?

It's a beautiful bag but getting something from last year, we don't feel comfortable... Our SA has offered us some beautiful items in the past few months, does this mean she cheated? Or this is normal for exotic crocodile birkin??? Pls help.....

Should we return?

It happens more often that you would know....

Bags with last year letter of production can hit stores up to July this year.... If the store does not sell the bag immediately, and that happens more often than you might think , you can be offered such a bag very late this year...

You should not worry about the letter . If you like this bag, get it and enjoy it !

Besides, Hermes bags are not cars ...there is not such a concept as new gadgets , evolution of body shape, new security features that would justify a value difference between a BNIB bag with a O and a BNIB with a N !

It happens more often that you would know....

Bags with last year letter of production can hit stores up to July this year.... If the store does not sell the bag immediately, and that happens more often than you might think , you can be offered such a bag very late this year...

You should not worry about the letter . If you like this bag, get it and enjoy it !

Besides, Hermes bags are not cars ...there is not such a concept as new gadgets , evolution of body shape, new security features that would justify a value difference between a BNIB bag with a O and a BNIB with a N !

Totally agree! I wouldn't worry about the year stamp at all. Enjoy the bag.

Think the value is affected if you try to sell it, people will just assume its an older bag. You shoud ask the SA if the bag was brand new or was it from another store or was previously sold to a client and it was returned. I would not like it if the bag was a returned item.

I, too, have purchased croc items this year that are dated N or M. There is only a small client base that regularly buys exotics and sometimes inventory can sit for a while until the right buyer is ready to pull the trigger. It also doesn't happen with just exotics. For me, I'm not bothered at all.

Dear tpfers,

My mom got offered and bought a croc birkin from H boutique today but it's stamped N, we are so shocked!!! Are we paying 2011 price for a 2010bag?

It's a beautiful bag but getting something from last year, we don't feel comfortable... Our SA has offered us some beautiful items in the past few months, does this mean she cheated? Or this is normal for exotic crocodile birkin??? Pls help.....

Should we return?

Specs please ...

Thanks for all the replies!!! We feel much relieved : )

It's a beautiful 35 Bougainvillea shiny croc with silver hardware. Because my mom got it from BH H where could sell any exotic birkin in a sec, so we were wondering why...