Brand Recommendations for a friend's gift from Hubby...???

sdnoobie

I shop a little...
O.G.
Dec 22, 2006
Hi everyone! I know this is the place to ask this...:smile: My friend's husband has asked me for ideas for a new bag for his wife. She is not a "brand" girl, but definitely has always had a sort of modern "boho" vibe. She's asked him for a black "chunky" sort of bag, probably on the larger side. Cost really isn't a factor, but he won't be spending thousands! ;)

Any thoughts on brands to look at? I immediately thought of a sort of Lucky Brand idea...but higher end...? I'm at a bit of a loss!!!

Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

Hayden Harnett - and since he probably won't be able to get it before Christmas, they offer gift certificates. Here's the bag I had in mind, the 'Terrific Turnlocks Hobo' for $250.00:

attachment.php

And here is the direct link to it on HH's web site: Hayden-Harnett Terrific Turnlocks Hobo

Many of us are Hayden-Harnett fans, and can testify to their quality and craftsmanship.

Attachments

• 131864737250058184_zoom.jpg
    131864737250058184_zoom.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 250
I suggest going to a site with many brands like endless.com or zappos.com and looking at the different bags there. You can narrow by price range, style, color, etc. If she isn't a brand girl you have the freedom to not start with a brand.

Hi everyone! I know this is the place to ask this...:smile: My friend's husband has asked me for ideas for a new bag for his wife. She is not a "brand" girl, but definitely has always had a sort of modern "boho" vibe. She's asked him for a black "chunky" sort of bag, probably on the larger side. Cost really isn't a factor, but he won't be spending thousands! ;)

Any thoughts on brands to look at? I immediately thought of a sort of Lucky Brand idea...but higher end...? I'm at a bit of a loss!!!

Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

www.cydwoq.com

www.pedshoes.com

www.barbararihl.com

www.sequoiaparis-usa.com

www.biasia.com

Last edited:
I forgot to add Shanghai Tang handbags which are gorgeous. I have bought both the handbags and clothing for about 10 years. There's a Shanghai Tang store in N.Y. and I've called them and they have been very helpful. I ordered a clothing item that ended up too small, so I returned it to the N.Y. store, by mail, although it had been sent from Hong Kong. The N.Y. store then contacted the Hong Kong store and they mailed a new item from Hong Kong to N.Y. to L.A.

http://www.shanghaitang.com/en/shop/products/46/handbags.html