What is this GORGEOUS lipstick??!

Sep 25, 2008
It's a YSl Rouge Volupte but I don't know what kind (candy? perle? normal?) and I don't know what shade. Can someone ID this shade please, I am in LOVE:

275633713_24008c918a8a.png

Thank you!!! I found it at thefancy.com and people were speculating that it was Praline Delight, which didn't look quite right to me (too taupe, not pink/pale enough). I am going to have to buy this shade. Thanks again for IDing - I will go and comment at The Fancy so they know, too. :smile:

I don't think it's Sweet Honey. It's too light. I think it's Sensual Silk?
Nude Beige is too pink and I've tried that on IRL.

img via karlasugar.net

Attachments

• Rouge-Volupte-1-Medium.jpg
    Rouge-Volupte-1-Medium.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 5,855
Yeah, I am super confused now. Temptalia's swatches (that I linked above) make it look like it could be Nude Beige but elsewhere, including that Karlasugar link, makes NB look too pink. I am also wondering about Praline Delight now.

Murphy's Law says it's Sweet Honey because that appears to be impossible to find, even on eBay!

I must say, at first glance I thought it was Sensual Silk. I don't know Praline Delight, but I've noticed that almost all the swatches I find on the internet are all diff depending on whose lips they're on..

Praline Delight is entirely too dark. I'm still thinking Sensual Silk.

I should get to Sephora in the next few days for xmas gifts and I will check it out. I think it's an amazing color- hopefully we can find it!

Let us know if you figure it out!

OK, I've boggled my own mind looking at swatches on Google image search etc. and I think I'm with those who suspect this is Sensual Silk. However, a number of the photos of praline Delight make me think it could still be that one (it looks quite pale in a lot of shots, and then dark in others). Here are some more images I've found, maybe this will help - does anyone actually own any of these shades - because yes, it is very hard to tell, depending on so many factors (natural lip colour of the model, lighting etc. etc.):

Karlasugar swatches:

YSL-Rouge-Volupte-19-26-Medium.jpg

Sweet Honey:
ysl-sweet-honey.jpg

Praline Delight:
pralinedelight.jpg

EDIT: Those Karlasugar swatches make Praline Delight look lighter than Sensual Silk...???

OK, I've boggled my own mind looking at swatches on Google image search etc. and I think I'm with those who suspect this is Sensual Silk. However, a number of the photos of praline Delight make me think it could still be that one (it looks quite pale in a lot of shots, and then dark in others). Here are some more images I've found, maybe this will help - does anyone actually own any of these shades - because yes, it is very hard to tell, depending on so many factors (natural lip colour of the model, lighting etc. etc.):

Karlasugar swatches:

YSL-Rouge-Volupte-19-26-Medium.jpg

Sweet Honey:
ysl-sweet-honey.jpg

Praline Delight:
pralinedelight.jpg

EDIT: Those Karlasugar swatches make Praline Delight look lighter than Sensual Silk...???
Just jumping in here because I love reading the makeup threads. I have Sensual Silk (#2), and it looks exactly like the color you are trying to match up. As soon as I saw the photo I recognized it. A gorgeous nude and one of the top 3 lip colors I reach for over and over. Now I could be wrong... But it looks exactly the same :smile:. Good luck!

Please update once you receive yours :smile: I have been lusting after YSL rouge volupte in nude beige, but if the lipstick in that pic is sensual silk, I might have to change my mind :graucho:

I will update and swatch when i receive it (which will be a couple of weeks, cuz it has to go to a US shipping address then here to mein Canada) - remind me if I forget. I really hope this is the one!