PLEASE HELP! Sold Authentic Gucci Britt Tote on ebay and buyer thinks its fake

beta1975

O.G.
Nov 7, 2008
Can someone please help?
I sold on ebay a Gucci Britt tote and matching wallet and the buyer thinks its fake because there is a seam at the top of the leather and she believes that Gucci bags do not have seams?!? As the bag is no longer in production and I can't find a photo to compare it to on the internet it is hard to convince her that the bag is real.
I bought the bag myself from a Gucci store so there is no doubt its the real thing - I even gave her the receipt.
She thinks I have swapped it with a fake.
What do we do in instances like this? She wanted to send it back for a refund but its the principle as the bag is not fake and I suspect she is using that as an excuse as she is not happy with the condition of the bag.
I told her to call the Gucci store too to confirm that I bought this bag from them but she is still convinced it is fake and that I have swapped it. She is happy to keep the matching wallet that I sold with the bag which further tells me that she is just using the Fake as an excuse. I have also told her to put it on the Purse Forum for authentication purposes but not sure that she will.
Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated.

you can ask Carol Diva to authenticate your bag... her authentication is accepted by
ebay/pp.... something is up with this buyer that makes me wonder if you are just
better off having her send the bag back relist & sell it ...and ask for the wallet back
as well...did you send the receipt for the wallet as well???

if you have pictures of the bag you can post it in the authentic this thread, they can authenticate it for you. you can also pay to have to authenticated and send it to the buyer, otherwise I would just offer a refund to get her off your back.

Actually, for Gucci, Gucci forum experts recommend Castira. http://www.castira.com/photo-authentication.html I hope it will work out for you.

thanks everyone for your advice. I sent the receipt for the bag and wallet to her (as they were on the same receipt). I have also had the bag authenticated on the Purse Forum and of course is has come back authentic.

She sent me an e-mail to say that she has posted them back but I guess where it gets difficult now is that she is adamant cause its fake she wants the postage costs refunded too and I suspect that she will leave negative feedback if I don't. I am not going refund postage costs out of principle as the bag is not fake (and I don't see why I should be out of pocket) as I did purchase it myself from Gucci and furthermore it was verified as authentic by the lovely ladies on the purse forum. If she leaves negative feedback I will need to try and get ebay to remove it else it will just have to be my very first negative feedback.

I really think she is using the "fake" as an excuse to send the bag back. If I thought that I had bought a fake I would contact the Gucci store (as I asked her to do), I would also get it authenticated on the Purse Forum (which again I have asked her to do) and she hasn't. I wouldn't just jump to conclusions that the bag is fake because of a seam in it.

Thanks again!!!!

Please say you sent copies of your reciept and not your original..

I feel a bait and switch about to happen but im praying for you that this person jut has buyers remorse. Do not refund the shipping cost back until your told you have to her changing her mnd isnt your problem. Take the negative and respond nicely to it, one neg wont kill you

Most designers won't authenticate at the boutique level......at least not in writing.
I second that hope that you didn't send the original receipt. If you did make sure that you get it back also. I had a buyer return a purse and keep the dustbag---talk about lame! :rolleyes:
If you suspect buyers remorse do an Advanced Search (if you haven't already) and see if she has been on a spree.
Good luck!

I feel a bait and switch about to happen but im praying for you that this person jut has buyers remorse. Do not refund the shipping cost back until your told you have to her changing her mnd isnt your problem. Take the negative and respond nicely to it, one neg wont kill you

Am thinking along the same lines that perhaps it is buyers remorse or
just wants the money for something else..

Do agree that you shouldn't refund her shipping costs either... the bag
is authentic and she has changed her mind..

If she does leave a negative as suggested above, just respond nicely..

Most sellers work very hard not to get a negative but look at who you
are dealing with & that should put it in perspective for you...
buyer's remorse... that says it all..

I would offer a refund for both after stating that even though you have sent documents of authenticity you're sorry that she refuses to accept that. even if you do get a strike it's better to get that seller off your back, and block her after it's all said and done!

No unfortunately I sent the original receipt (will know for next time though). I have videotaped myself packing the bag as I had a bad feeling about this buyer all along so hoping she doesn't do a swap on me. I will just have to wait to receive my bag/wallet back.