Returning a LV bag without receipt, is this acceptable?

meeh16

O.G.
Sep 8, 2011
so I bought the petillante a few weeks ago: 26th to be exact and I am not loving it.

We have the opportunity to go back to Panama this weekend and I want to exchange it to something more practical but as I am going through my receipts, I can't find them :sad:

Anyone know if I can go to the store and have them look it on the system under my name and if they will let me exchange it?

Thanks

They do keep records of all transactions. Can you call the store and have them email you a copy so you have it in hand for the exchange? Then there would be no problems. I usually have a reciept emailed to me, along with the hardcopy. Good luck

They do keep records of all transactions. Can you call the store and have them email you a copy so you have it in hand for the exchange? Then there would be no problems. I usually have a reciept emailed to me, along with the hardcopy. Good luck

I am waiting for them to open and will try calling them.

Since your purchase must be in their system I don't think there could be a problem.

I know that it is on the system since they took all our info.

It has to be completely pristine. Totally unused. No patina. They will be very picky. Good luck!

Never used the bag, it has been in the dust bag ever since we came back. It is the empreinte line so there is no patina :smile:

I am crossing my fingers they will let me exchange it. I just feel for that amount of $$, I should love it and be able to use it but I just realized that I am not a clutch person.

Good luck on your return. I do agree that if you've paid that much for a bag - you should be allowed to change your mind - of course, if the item is pristine and in resaleable condition. I'm sure LV is not utterly unreasonable. A lot of times I wonder if the people here on the forum complaining about returns have actually returned bags in "less than stellar" condition. That said - it is true that some of the SA do have snotty attitudes, not even with returns, but when you go buy.

I've never returned anything to LV but a lot of store's policy is you can only exchange (not get a refund) without a receipt.Which is what you said you want to do anyway. They should have a record in their system of what and when you purchased - but I agree with those who say get a copy of the receipt before you go if you are able to.

Good luck on your return. I do agree that if you've paid that much for a bag - you should be allowed to change your mind - of course, if the item is pristine and in resaleable condition. I'm sure LV is not utterly unreasonable. A lot of times I wonder if the people here on the forum complaining about returns have actually returned bags in "less than stellar" condition. That said - it is true that some of the SA do have snotty attitudes, not even with returns, but when you go buy.

I really like the petillante but I am really not a clutch person and with 2 kids, a shoulder bag or crossover is much more appropriate for my lifestyle right now and want a bag (or two) that I can use and enjoy at the present time and not wait years to use it. The bag has never been use and has been in the dustbag since we left the store.

I've never returned anything to LV but a lot of store's policy is you can only exchange (not get a refund) without a receipt.Which is what you said you want to do anyway. They should have a record in their system of what and when you purchased - but I agree with those who say get a copy of the receipt before you go if you are able to.

Yes, I do not want to get a refund but exchange it to something useful and with the 2 bags I have in mind, I am actually be paying more so it is a win/win situation for the store in my opinion. I tried calling the store but since there is a language barrier, it is harder for me to explain the situation so I am better off, going there in person and explain what I really want.

Wish me luck! Crossing all my fingers :lol::lol::lol:

Quick update: SA that took my return was very helpful & didn't gave me hard time with not having a receipt. I was able to exchange it but part of me is sad to part w/ the bag (is this normal? Lolz) but I am happy w/ my decision, will do reveal next Wed soon as I am home.

Really like the infini color but maybe will buy the artsy instead