What do you love most about Dior?

Jun 9, 2011
I'd say for me, it's the customer service....the gorgeous little charms on the "Dior" chain...the cannage print...oh dear, it's getting hard to narrow it down. What do you ladies think?

What I love about Dior is that it brings childhood fairy-tales to life with extravagant wasp-waisted ball gowns, fine jewelry that almost only exists in dreams, and accessories that are loved by royalty.

While maintaining this aesthetic, every product is made with the finest materials by the finest artisans. From their Christal/D de Dior/Chiffre Rouge VIII watch collections with precious metals, jewels, and movements, to their hand-embroidered haute couture gowns that take over 500 hours to complete, every piece is as beautiful on the inside as on the outside.

While some luxury brands have resorted to manufacturing their products in developing countries or reducing their quality in the wake of the recession, Dior has never lowered its standards and commitment to excellence.

Reactions: rufinu
What I love about Dior is that it brings childhood fairy-tales to life with extravagant wasp-waisted ball gowns, fine jewelry that almost only exists in dreams, and accessories that are loved by royalty.

While maintaining this aesthetic, every product is made with the finest materials by the finest artisans. From their Christal/D de Dior/Chiffre Rouge VIII watch collections with precious metals, jewels, and movements, to their hand-embroidered haute couture gowns that take over 500 hours to complete, every piece is as beautiful on the inside as on the outside.

While some luxury brands have resorted to manufacturing their products in developing countries or reducing their quality in the wake of the recession, Dior has never lowered its standards and commitment to excellence.

Well said!! Amen! :smile:

i think almost everything have been said :smile:

i will just add what i also like about it is : most of the purses their design is timeless (like the lady dior for exemple , that model never get old) and i love the fact that they never go vulgar or flashy (unlike some other brands...). everything is design tastefully , with a lot of elegance .
Their purses and shoes can fit with an everyday as fit as well as a designer party dress ( and that is very rare with some other brands)

i love it's classic look and it's relative exclusivity... i know when i pick up a piece of dior, it will not be something that anyone else has! (especially in an unfashionable city like ottawa!) i love all my pieces for their elegant and refined qualities... no brash logos, just the lovely cannage finish!!

I've been a Dior addict for as long as I can remember. My dad is not a fan of designer brands and thinks it's a waste of money, but my mum and sister share the love of beautiful things. My first Dior bag was the small pink trotter boston bag, then I became obsessed with collecting all the pink trotter make up bags from the make up collection, and have branched out to acquiring the white medium sized Gaucho bag, then my major splurge on the small gold leather Gaucho and recently a Lady Dior bag.

all the designs are timeless, they're elegant and suit a range of woman, whether you're younger and carefree, preferring the pastel colours, the inspiration of the Dior brand caters to people with lots of different interests and likes. I absolutely fell in love with the large My Dior bag, but couldn't afford it at the time and am constantly on the look out for one at a great price and have set my eyes on the Panarea bag, even though I really shouldn't :graucho:

no matter whether you're new to the Dior brand or have followed their style for a long time, it suits a lot of women. I still really like the iconic black and white image from 1947 of the lady with the full black skirt, a fitted white jacket and a straw hat:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YPDM4_ZtXh0/TJ5t7DmgLWI/AAAAAAAAAAc/DEyjQtO44CI/s1600/largeBarSuit1.jpg

Very classic style that is not too flashy. I love that it is not on the arm of everyone - it has not been over marketed like Chanel and Vuitton.

very true! Dior has its own individuality and has lots of styles to choose from to suit different styles, whereas everywhere you see, LV monogrammed bags and the classic Chanel bags are everywhere!

i love it's classic look and it's relative exclusivity... i know when i pick up a piece of dior, it will not be something that anyone else has! (especially in an unfashionable city like ottawa!) i love all my pieces for their elegant and refined qualities... no brash logos, just the lovely cannage finish!!
So true. I am so glad the brand hasn't reached market saturation... yet. It's always such a treat whenever I spot a piece of Dior on some lucky lady.

what's the story? :smile:
my next target would be a lady dior!

Here's a lil history...

Lady Dior was released in mid 1990s when the creative manager of Dior Company was Gianfranco Ferre. At first the bag became popular when the First Lady of France Madam Chirac began to wear this exclusive Dior bag as she thought that the bag was gorgeous!

Later Lady Dior handbag became a deep success when Lady Di preferred it to the other handbags. In fact, it is Princess Diana’s name that was added to the bag’s name. It is still unknown whether it was merely a coincidence or the handbag was named Lady Dior on purpose. But anyway the legendary princess made this fashionable accessory a real success, provoked heightened interest in it and at the same time made it a symbol of a refined taste.

what's the story? :smile:
my next target would be a lady dior!
Launched in September 1995, the « Lady Dior » bag was given to Diana Princess of Wales by Bernadette Chirac, on the occasion of her visit to the Cézanne exhibition at the Grand Palais in Paris, sponsored by the LVMH group.

The house of Dior’s latest creation was immediately adopted by the Princess, who ordered every available version of it.

In November 1995, during her visit to a children’s home in Birmingham, Princess Diana was photographed by the international press with the bag, holding a child in her arms. The beginning of a success story…

A few weeks later, during a state visit to Argentina, she again appeared with her favourite bag leaving the official plane.

The bag was from then on associated with the world’s most mediatised woman, and sought-after by women the world over. In 1996, as a homage to the Princess, it was renamed « Lady Dior » with her blessing.

Created in a couture spirit, the « Lady Dior » bag in padded stitched leather reflects a number of the Dior house codes. The stitching pattern or « cannage » is inspired by the Napoléon III chairs once used by Christian Dior to welcome his elegant customers on the day of his show in 1947. The letters D.I.O.R. on charm pendants act as an eternal signature.

The most beautiful women in the world have been the face of Lady Dior : first Carla Bruni in 1996, and later Diane Kruger, Monica Bellucci and today Marion Cotillard, photographed by Peter Lindbergh.

Now considered a legendary accessory, it is appropriate for night and day and remains the iconic bag of the house of Dior.