I need a new camera.

EmilyK

Somewhat in control
Jan 7, 2007
Help!

I just need a basic digital camera. Something small and in the $300 range. I am by no means a photographer in any sense of the word. I just need a point-and-shoot!

Any suggestions? I was looking at some Sony's... erm, they come in pink. I like pink. :love: Their Cyber-Shot models... there are so many different ones though! I'm getting a little overwhelmed. Is there anything I should look for / stay away from?

/helpless

Cyber-shot DSC-T100
Cyber-shot DSC-T20
Cyber-shot DSC-W80

I use the Canon elph and love it. I think Canon makes them in colors. You should be okay with anything 4 pixels and up since you won't be trying to make huge-sized prints. I would go with Sony or Canon.

I have an amazing camera that I would recommend... REALLY user friendly and great quality pics. I got a Sony DSC- but the logistics, I forget :shame: Vlad got it for me!

There are a lot of good ones in a reasonable range, Sony/Canon/Olympus, etc. I would suggest if possible going to a real camera store (although there are fewer and fewer of them around) and looking at some in person, each has a slightly different feel, diff. control buttons, do you want a viewfinder or just the screen, etc., and you can get a sense of what suits you best. Agree w/ above re: pixels, unless you are going to do big enlargements you don't need to go crazy with megapixels.

I need a new one too. This is the one I'm lusting after (and hopefully getting for my April birthday!). It's called a Canon IXUS I7 zoom. It retails at £180 which I think is close to the $300 mark.

230403964.jpg

Definitely make sure that the cam has Image Stabilizer... I completely forgot about that when searching for my recent digicam purchase, and now I regret it. :Push: