A Franken Exchange?!

Ayleyaglitz

Jun 21, 2011
So after seeing VuittonLover's awesome franken polish gifted in the Secret New Year's Date Exchange, I kinda thought it might be cool if we put together some sort of franken exchange! How cool would it be to have someone create a polish just for you? Or make a colour they have been dreaming of and would love for you to try! There are so many possibilities!! :smile:

Anyways, I just wanted to see if people would be interested in doing an exchange like this... if we do have a lot of people interested VuittonLover and I would be down for organizing it!

So... let's see what we get!

That sounds so cool!! I had to google what a franken polish was - so neat. I don't know how well I would do making one, but would love seeing people's finished products - I may would be interested in participating - would just need to know and learn more. I will stay tuned in to this thread and see what gals are saying.

Ooh and believe it or not. I think I made a clarins 230 dupe.

Or shall I say. Ozzy my cat. Did it. He's out celebrating in the neighborhood now. He got himself. P!ssed last night. (that's how he talks when he drinks too much.). He starts talking with an Irish accent. He is one crazy cat.

Or shall I say. Ozzy my cat. Did it. He's out celebrating in the neighborhood now. He got himself. P!ssed last night. (that's how he talks when he drinks too much.). He starts talking with an Irish accent. He is one crazy cat.

Do tell us the "recipe." So far all the frankens I have found for this have used polishes that are nearly as hard to find as the Carins.

This would be fun! I'd probably just sit back and see what others come up with though, since I have no idea how to Franken xD

Btw, does anyone have or know of a guide to help people get started with franken-ing? Ive been wanting to give it a try but I have no idea where or how to start xP

Did you use colormorphing pigment? I made 230 looking red using that stuff and refused to take it off for a week

Well frankening can be as simple as adding a little dark red to a pink to darken it a bit or adding a pigment or loose eye shadow to clear polish to create a new color it's up to you. There are shops where you can get pigments and other things that are helpful when making your own blends of polish its up to you. Two of the cool things about frankening is that you can get color morphing pigment and can create your own duochrome polishes as well as spectraflair which means you can make your own holographic polishes. For example Glitter Girls, a polish company from the land of Oz has a polish called Copper Holo but from the pictures and swatches i've seen it didn't look very coppery so i made my own copper holo. I've made others since or changed polishes i already had slightly basicly i need more empty bottles and bb's before i can really mess around. This is the blog that started me frankening: http://morenailpolish.blogspot.com/ theres another blog i like called Polish and Pigments but you should hold off on reading that till you've experimented a little. As her franken experiments go into a great deal of depth in the subject and could make your eyes glaze over when you realize how much experiementing she's done.

Well frankening can be as simple as adding a little dark red to a pink to darken it a bit or adding a pigment or loose eye shadow to clear polish to create a new color it's up to you. There are shops where you can get pigments and other things that are helpful when making your own blends of polish its up to you. Two of the cool things about frankening is that you can get color morphing pigment and can create your own duochrome polishes as well as spectraflair which means you can make your own holographic polishes. For example Glitter Girls, a polish company from the land of Oz has a polish called Copper Holo but from the pictures and swatches i've seen it didn't look very coppery so i made my own copper holo. I've made others since or changed polishes i already had slightly basicly i need more empty bottles and bb's before i can really mess around. This is the blog that started me frankening: http://morenailpolish.blogspot.com/ theres another blog i like called Polish and Pigments but you should hold off on reading that till you've experimented a little. As her franken experiments go into a great deal of depth in the subject and could make your eyes glaze over when you realize how much experiementing she's done.

Hahaa.. very cool. Thank you .. I am going to check it out.

Also.. lets see some photos. :biggrin: