First Class mail with delivery confirmation?

marmic

O.G.
May 20, 2007
Hi,
I currently have an item listed on ebay. The item weighs less than 13 oz. The method of shipping is via priority mail. I had a potential buyer message me and ask if I would ship via first class mail. I responded "no" as I need to have delivery confirmation. She replied and said if I ship first class through paypal I will have delivery confirmation. Is this true? Is this enough to protect me as a seller if buyer claims INR?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I currently have an item listed on ebay. The item weighs less than 13 oz. The method of shipping is via priority mail. I had a potential buyer message me and ask if I would ship via first class mail. I responded "no" as I need to have delivery confirmation. She replied and said if I ship first class through paypal I will have delivery confirmation. Is this true? Is this enough to protect me as a seller if buyer claims INR?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, it's true. And d.c. through paypal is just 19 cents for 1st class mail as compare to $.80 at the post office.

Note that if your item is $250 or more (including shipping), you must also purchase signature confirmation.

A first class package of mine delivered to my husband's office just disappeared. The tracking info was extemely delayed. By the time it was updated, it showed as having been delivered two days earlier at 6:30 am. No one recalls having received any package and none of my other packages delivered priority have ever disappeared or been stolen so it is more likely that USPS has the wrong tracking info and my package is floating off somewhere in postal limbo. It is so frustrating and nothing can be done. So I would say to be safe stick with priority or express.

I've shipped hundreds of items using First Class with DC instead of Priority. It's just as fast and customers love paying $3 shipping vs $7. I don't see why USPS would mix up tracking info for 1st class vs Priority... they are handled by the same people and used the same DC system. The only difference is that Priority's guaranteed delivery time is 5 days, whereas 1st class is 10.

A first class package of mine delivered to my husband's office just disappeared. The tracking info was extemely delayed. By the time it was updated, it showed as having been delivered two days earlier at 6:30 am. No one recalls having received any package and none of my other packages delivered priority have ever disappeared or been stolen so it is more likely that USPS has the wrong tracking info and my package is floating off somewhere in postal limbo. It is so frustrating and nothing can be done. So I would say to be safe stick with priority or express.
Any loss of a package has nothing to do with the shipping service used. A first class parcel is no more or no less likely to disappear than priority mail.

The only difference is that Priority's guaranteed delivery time is 5 days, whereas 1st class is 10.
There is NO guarantee delivery time for priority mail or for 1st class mail. Both are estimated as 2-4 days, though first class may be slowing down if the recent post office reports are true.

The only service with a delivery guarantee is express mail.

Any loss of a package has nothing to do with the shipping service used. A first class parcel is no more or no less likely to disappear than priority mail.

There is NO guarantee delivery time for priority mail or for 1st class mail. Both are estimated as 2-4 days, though first class may be slowing down if the recent post office reports are true.

The only service with a delivery guarantee is express mail.

Oops my bad, I didn't mean "guaranteed" in that sense -- you're totally right on that. Usually I've found if your package goes missing and you call customer service, they don't put a trace on priority packages until 5 days have passed, and on first class packages until 10 days pass.

I use 1st class for EVERYTHING under 13 oz, unless its over $250, but that being said if your going to be shipping alot, go onto the usps website and get some regional rate boxes. they save a TON of money if you want to start shipping priority vs 1st class.