Foley and Corinna Boxy Tote

JennyErin

O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
Does anyone own this bag? I'm about to take the plunge and buy it just wondering if anyone owns one and can give me a review. There are no reviews out there that I could find! Any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks ladies!

Attachments

• P_FR_4143.jpg
    P_FR_4143.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,393
It looks lovely, sorta reminds me of something else but I can't quite put my finger on it. Are you considering purchasing from a retailer with a good return policy? F&C bags don't seem popular on TPF so hopefully you can still order if even if you don't get much response.

I thought F and C had their own sub forum but I guess I imagined it, I can't decide if it looks similar to the Celine luggage or not, that's the bag it kind of reminds me of sometimes....

I received my Gilt order today so I figured I'd post a few pics and a mini review:

Bag
Very subtle branding
Hardware
Interior
Modeling pic - I'm 5'2" for reference
Another modeling pic
Can also be worn over the shoulder

The bag is made of really soft, thick pebbled leather. Unfortunately, because of the heft of the leather, it is slightly heavy even when empty. It can't stand up on its own when empty, but it can when filled. The hardware is sturdy, shiny gold and very nice looking. It has rolled handles, but they're comfortable. It has a cotton twill lining which is black, but I wish they'd chosen a different color lining because dark linings make it difficult for me to find my stuff. Plus, a plain black lining is so boring! A patterned or brightly colored lining would have added some much needed fun to an otherwise very classic bag. It has one exterior zip pocket which I love and can't do without because I don't like having to fish inside my bag for my keys. However, there is still some organization to be found on the inside, in the form of one zip pocket and two wall pockets. The shoulder drop is big enough for the bag to be comfortably worn over the shoulder or as a satchel.

I'm 5'2" and the bag is a good size. It's big (around 13x13x8) but not overwhelming on my frame. It is cute and perfect for an everyday bag. For the price I paid I'm really happy with it.

^ That's a great looking bag and the leather looks awesome! Foley & Corinna really stepped their game up! Did yours come with a dustbag? I heard that F&C started including dustbags whereas they didn't use to.

^ That's a great looking bag and the leather looks awesome! Foley & Corinna really stepped their game up! Did yours come with a dustbag? I heard that F&C started including dustbags whereas they didn't use to.

It did come with a dustbag. I was pleasantly surprised by that. :smile:

Another thing I wanted to mention is that while it is called a boxy tote, it doesn't really resemble that first picture the OP posted at all. The shape is much more slouchy in person and not nearly as structured unless you were to fill it all the way with clothes or something, and that might make it uncomfortably heavy.

I bought this bag, colour Taupe (think nude colour) from MyHabit at a really affordable price & regretted spending even a penny on it.

The bag is too heavy when empty & my shoulders hurt after a day of touting it around in the malls. It's probably ok if you're not going to carry this all day. The metal hardware at the sides are the culprits, I wish I could cut them off!!!

The bag is too slouchy & the leather does not feel supple. Its only saving grace is that it's a practical bag with its generous space & available pockets. I'll probably use it a few more times before replacing it.