Video Appears to Show Uncle Teaching 2- and 5-Year-Old Nephews to Smoke Pot

Sep 7, 2006
WATAUGA, Texas — A 17-year-old faces a felony charge of injury to a child after police found a videotape that appears to show him and another man teaching his 2- and 5-year-old nephews to smoke marijuana, police said.
The video shows two children being taught to smoke marijuana and the men encouraging them to "get high," police said. A man can be seen placing a marijuana cigarette into a baby's mouth and, in another part of the video, a different boy is shown smoking on his own.
"The video contains disturbing images of the young children being badgered into smoking a marijuana cigar, commonly referred to as a 'blunt,"' according to a release from the Watauga Department of Public Safety.
The bail for Demetris McCoy, 17, was set at $150,000. He remained in jail Friday night, police said.
Police found the video Feb. 22 while investigating McCoy and Vanswan Polty, 18, in connection with some area burglaries. Polty faces burglary charges and is free on $22,000 bail, according to court records.
The children have been in the custody of Child Protective Services since last week, a spokeswoman said.

Video - YouTube - Uncle Teaching 2 & 5-Year-Old Nephews to Smoke Pot Very disturbing.

I heard about this story on the news today and thinks its downright awlful. On the news it said that the mother said she was sleeping in another part of the house and she didn't know it was going on...which I think is a lie. You mean to tell me that you can't smell something as strong as marijuana, come on it doesn't smell like potpourri(?). I think she perhaps knew about it after it happened but didn't want to get the boys in trouble. The boys should spend some time behind jail, maybe until they are about 25. They thought it was joke but it is not funny when you are putting a young child's health and life at risk just because you want to get a good laugh on camera. The kids should be given to a responsible parent because obviously this mother was very unresponsible. Just my opinions, I hope I don't offend anyone.

I saw that on the news this afternoon.

That made me think back to when I was 10, I asked my dad if I could have a puff of his cigar and he let me. I started wondering what the difference was between that and the news item. Here's the difference:

1) I was 10.
2) He didn't teach me how to properly smoke a cigar.
3) It wasn't an illegal substance.
4) Nobody was videotaping it.

It's not so much the pot that bothers me, it's the fact that it was given to a 2 year old and a 5 year old.

OMG I saw this last night on CNN! This is just horrible. The mother of the kids was on there she was like 17 it seems. she said she had no idea. from that video you can tell those kids had done it before. her brother and his friend were doing that to the kids while she was asleep with a toothache...those guys need to be locked up for a while :cursing:

I think there should be a series of tests to determine degree of responsibility, intelligence, etc. which all potential parents MUST TAKE before they are allowed to procreate. If they fail, they have to be neutered and/or spayed. If they pass, wee you get kids. And all relatives entering the territory of the child obviously need a similar test :cursing:

OMG I saw this last night on CNN! This is just horrible. The mother of the kids was on there she was like 17 it seems. she said she had no idea. from that video you can tell those kids had done it before. her brother and his friend were doing that to the kids while she was asleep with a toothache...those guys need to be locked up for a while :cursing:

ITA, this was disgusting.

OMG :mad: :censor: I just saw this on MSNBC. They say its a 3rd degree felony they are being charged with. I hope they rot! This is abuse! What if those two kids end up with brain damage?????

As an adult, fine. If that person chooses to smoke weed, so be it. But to teach little kids how to do it? WTF?!

oiye i saw this on the news last night and i was flipping out on my SO. i dont get why people can be so stupid and retarded to let a little kid more like a big baby do that. i think its really sad that the mother can't even trust her kids with a family relative

OMG :mad: :censor: I just saw this on MSNBC. They say its a 3rd degree felony they are being charged with. I hope they rot! This is abuse! What if those two kids end up with brain damage?????

As an adult, fine. If that person chooses to smoke weed, so be it. But to teach little kids how to do it? WTF?!
I totally agree.
If someone knows their limits and they know how they react to it and they choose to do it then that's fine.

Giving pot to little children is not a mature way to handle it.