Buyer Protection

lpaigenyc

Dec 22, 2009
after reading so many threads of buyers getting a bad deal on an expected item are there steps one should take when opening the package? I'm hoping to win a bid on a handbag and if I do, should I have someone record me opening the package to make sure I receive what I bid on? Just wondering! Thanks!

after reading so many threads of buyers getting a bad deal on an expected item are there steps one should take when opening the package? I'm hoping to win a bid on a handbag and if I do, should I have someone record me opening the package to make sure I receive what I bid on? Just wondering! Thanks!

it depends what you're aiming for. if you're talking about ebay/PP - then no, they don't accept this kind of proof and there's nothing you can do to protect yourself besides researching the seller and stuff like that.

but the court (if it came down to that) would accept a video as proof i'm sure.

jmo

many transactions do go smoothly...

what kind of feedback does your seller have?
are you purchasing a high end/designer item?

how is your seller sending the package? perhaps you
could open it in the post office with a recording device
in front of a postal worker...

keep a positive mindset... your transaction may go well..

here is what i have to say after a horrible experince recently !!
if you get any problem with your handbag ,open an ebay dispute not paypal dispute and 10000000000000000000000% you gonna win!!!
that's "ebay buyer protction"

Thanks everyone! I've had good luck for the most part bidding on eBay but my items have mostly been $100 and under, with my luck I'd decide to bid on a high end purse and get scammed! :smile:

oh, one more thing, say I do 'bite the bullet' and bid on something high end and get scammed, WHO do you file a claim with; eBay or paypal? can you file with both or you have to pick one? I've seen some posters say eBay but then others say paypal so I'm just wondering!
Thank you!

oh, one more thing, say I do 'bite the bullet' and bid on something high end and get scammed, WHO do you file a claim with; eBay or paypal? can you file with both or you have to pick one? I've seen some posters say eBay but then others say paypal so I'm just wondering!
Thank you!

You can only file with one, and in my experience as well as the experience of numerous others that I've observed, Paypal will almost always side with the buyer; eBay is hit or miss.