Lindy or Toolbox?

CitygirlPH

New to Hermes
Mar 21, 2011
Hi, i've been trying to choose between these two for some months now and is coming back and forth. Both have the hands-free option that i need, and the hand-carry option as well. Both seem to be relatively easy to get in and out of, and both have the "boxy" feel.

I'm torn... any thoughts would be appreciated! I've a trip to Paris in Q1 of next year and hoping to snag one of them (if i'm lucky!) :smile:

Hi, i've been trying to choose between these two for some months now and is coming back and forth. Both have the hands-free option that i need, and the hand-carry option as well. Both seem to be relatively easy to get in and out of, and both have the "boxy" feel.

I'm torn... any thoughts would be appreciated! I've a trip to Paris in Q1 of next year and hoping to snag one of them (if i'm lucky!) :smile:

Both if you can, one in neutral, one in a pop color!! I have a Lindy in a neutral tone (as I feel the design is quite "busy" and distinctive and would be better paired in a neutral color) and waiting for a red (or second choice, blue) 26 cm Toolbox...

have you tried both before? the lindy works for me but the toolbox does not..the strap just doesn't work on me for shoulder carry!

but i have seen a few ladies carrying the toolbox and they look fab...if you have tried both before and both works for you, then it will be just be a matter of whichever one you see in the colour that makes your heart sing :graucho::graucho:

i saw quite a few normal size toolboxes in paris 2 weeks ago and two travel size toolboxes and they were so classy...but too heavy for me!

have you tried both before? the lindy works for me but the toolbox does not..the strap just doesn't work on me for shoulder carry!

but i have seen a few ladies carrying the toolbox and they look fab...if you have tried both before and both works for you, then it will be just be a matter of whichever one you see in the colour that makes your heart sing :graucho::graucho:

i saw quite a few normal size toolboxes in paris 2 weeks ago and two travel size toolboxes and they were so classy...but too heavy for me!

Wish the Toolbox could appear in my home country!! (I can't travel, have young toddler and now too preggers)

I have a friend who loves her Lindy to pieces and I got to try hers out... it is a 30 lindy and I feel it's perfect. I love the shoulder option as it is very comfortable. For the toolbox i have not seen it in any of the H stores i've visited in the past year... but i've seen some ladies carrying it, one at the mall and another at an event i have recently attended. It looked perfect being carried on the crook of the elbow, and think that it would be comfortable as well if carried over the should since the strap seems similar to the evelyn...

I wonder why you say that the strap doesn't work for you Chincac?

I haven't any experience with the lindy but I have a toolbox 26 and find it one of the most practical bags I have ever owned! I can even fit an entire bottle of wine in it as well as all my other necessities.
I hang it on DDs pram handle and it's so easy to get in and out of using the side opening option.
So there is my vote :biggrin:

i have only tried the size 22 toolbox, twice, blue jean and orange in swift. it is quite small and the strap seems to dwarf the bag (well to me anyway!) and when i carry it on my shoulder, it doesn't hang quite right on me...boxy and awkward where my elbow is.. so it is a no go for me...for reference i am 5'5" with a slim and small build..

i love the lindy 30!! i like how it looks whichever way i carry it and it is a very user friendly bag for me...

I have a friend who loves her Lindy to pieces and I got to try hers out... it is a 30 lindy and I feel it's perfect. I love the shoulder option as it is very comfortable. For the toolbox i have not seen it in any of the H stores i've visited in the past year... but i've seen some ladies carrying it, one at the mall and another at an event i have recently attended. It looked perfect being carried on the crook of the elbow, and think that it would be comfortable as well if carried over the should since the strap seems similar to the evelyn...

I wonder why you say that the strap doesn't work for you Chincac?

I haven't any experience with the lindy but I have a toolbox 26 and find it one of the most practical bags I have ever owned! I can even fit an entire bottle of wine in it as well as all my other necessities.
I hang it on DDs pram handle and it's so easy to get in and out of using the side opening option.

I love it that you consider a bottle of wine a necessity, because I know I do. ;) Welcome to tPF Lillali.

Wow your review of the Toolbox sounds great - can't wait to get my hands on one !! :graucho: