Hermes Phone Orders

palmbeachpink

pbp
O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
i called hermes.com this morning to do a search for a scarf that i would like and was told that they will no longer do a search as they will not accept phone orders at any hermes on any products - she stated this started today.....does this make any sense?

meanwhile i called a store directly about a purse and the SA was willing to email me an authorization if i wanted it....

confused....

is there any other way to find a specific scarf? the SA at my H told me to call hermes.com!!

more confused.....

This makes no sense unless they are so short of inventory in the stores that they want to preserve it for people who walk in to buy Christmas gifts. But it will turn off a lot of people. Hermes seems to be getting less and less customer-friendly. :sad:

This has been discussed on another thread. I've bought several items in the past week, and one today through phone orders. I only shop by phone. This must be driving people crazy.

I just called to place an order and apparently their "system isn't working" and they can't place the order even though they can see that it's available? This is not the way to go for such a brand name. I'm disappointed. :nono:

I just called to place an order and apparently their "system isn't working" and they can't place the order even though they can see that it's available? This is not the way to go for such a brand name. I'm disappointed. :nono:

That is bizarre, earlier this afternoon my DH called my SA to have my Xmas gift transferred from another store and there was no problem at all :confused1:

That is bizarre, earlier this afternoon my DH called my SA to have my Xmas gift transferred from another store and there was no problem at all :confused1:

it's my understanding that if you go into H then you can do a transfer - if she has your deets on file then i am sure that it was no problem - do you go into your H often?

since this seems to have started this week (what a brilliant move 2 weeks before christmas, uh not) i am sure that the directors are doing the best they can at least the nice ones are

finding the fall 2011 scarves
hi, I'm not sure I understand the message I got from the Hermes.com (U.S.) internet customer service person, when I inquired about somehow finding a particular scarf somewhere in a store in the US, since it was no longer available on line ("j'aime mon carré" in 07 /black colorway). H.com customer service used to tell me that a particular store had a scarf I was interested in and I could then call the store, they'd send me a form with CC details, I'd fax it back, they'd ship me the scarf. It sounds like Hermes no longer are willing to do that, and that even if I found out that a particular store had it, I would have to fly or drive to that store location to actually get the scarf (this reply I got, see below, implies they no longer do "phone orders" from stores). As I live about 400 miles from the nearest H store, this is absurd. Also, why on earth, when all other luxury goods stores I know of are making it easier to track down particular items and have them sent from a distant store, did Hermes reverse that policy? It sounds like if they do find out that some store has the scarf, I would have to drive to the store to get it (again, nearest store 400 miles away). Anyhow, here's the reply I got from H.com customer service--and I'm puzzled by why they even are offering to give my phone # to the "nearest store (400 miles away!) if that store couldn't then ship the scarf to me":

"Unfortunately due to a recent policy change our stores are no longer able to take phone orders and this item is currently unavailable online or at your nearest store. If you would still like to provide your phone number we would be happy to give your information to the nearest boutique to contact you if it becomes available. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, but this is the only option that we currently can provide for you."

If, as I gather from this thread, H really has changed the policy, it seems rather screwy. I guess I'll try calling a couple of stores myself and see if I hit on an SA who is willing to go around that policy.

it's my understanding that if you go into H then you can do a transfer - if she has your deets on file then i am sure that it was no problem - do you go into your H often?

since this seems to have started this week (what a brilliant move 2 weeks before christmas, uh not) i am sure that the directors are doing the best they can at least the nice ones are

Yes, she is my regular SA so she had all of our info, however my DH had found the item himself by calling an out of state store (where we never shopped before) to see if they had the item in stock and they were willing to ship it to us. It may be that not all stores are so strict about enforcing this new rule, it is quite inconvenient!