Help choosing my Mom's Christmas gift!

Aug 29, 2011
Hi everyone,
so for christmas me and my younger sister want to get my mom an amazing present because we have never really bought stuff for her before for christmas or her birthday except for last year when we bought her a scarf and CHANEL perume. Anyway this year we decided we wanted to either get my mom something from Hermes or Tiffanys. Two different items. we either wanted to get her a twill because it is so versatile or a tiffany bracelet.. both are at similar price points. Me and my sister both have tiffany charm bracelets but my mom does not have any thing tiffanys. I know my mom has always wanted something from hermes or tiffany. So either a twilly or bracelet ? what do you think?
the bracelet link is here>>>> http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/ite...+1-c+563629-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+1-t&sku=GRP03577

ps. I am 15 and my sister is 12 so our budget is $150 plus tax..any other suggestions are also fine :smile:

I would go for the twilly. Try to pick a color that would compliment her favorite handbag she can tie it on the handle for a splash of color. She can also wear it around her neck. I like a twilly in the summer because it isn't so hot compared to a full size scarf. Also they are cute tied around your wrist. I am sure she will be happy with whatever you pick. I remember my mother wearing the necklace I made out of macaroni when I was in Kindergarten!

Last edited:
You don't say how old or what size your mother is. THe bracelet from Tiffany's is VERY dainty, and in my opinion much more appropriate for one of you, than for your mother.

I have one Twilly and only use it in the summer when I tie it on the handle of a non-Hermes straw bag. I feel I look like I'm 12 if I tie it on my Kelly's.

Your heart is in the right place, but $150 is a lot of money for you if you're not sure what would suit your mum. What about a gift certificate to Tiffany's? She should be able to find something there that she would enjoy.

You don't say how old or what size your mother is. THe bracelet from Tiffany's is VERY dainty, and in my opinion much more appropriate for one of you, than for your mother.

I have one Twilly and only use it in the summer when I tie it on the handle of a non-Hermes straw bag. I feel I look like I'm 12 if I tie it on my Kelly's.

Your heart is in the right place, but $150 is a lot of money for you if you're not sure what would suit your mum. What about a gift certificate to Tiffany's? She should be able to find something there that she would enjoy.

My mother is 44 and 5'7" she loves jewelry and tends to stack bracelets a lot...I live in CA so it's warm year round but when it's slightly cold or just in general my mom loves a scarf

I vote for a twilly 'cos your mom may someday get a Kelly that she can use it. In the interim, the twilly is good for a bracelet. She will get more compliment than the Tiffany bracelet.

I guess I'm in the minority because I think twillys are overpriced for what they are and kind of useless. I would much rather have either a bracelet or a larger scarf that can be used in more ways than a twilly can. I know they have their fans - guess I'm just not one of them!

India said:

I love twillies but once again I agree with India, a gift card from Tiffany is more appropriate imo

I would also choose a bracelet over a twilly.

I do think twillies are overpriced and I know I struggled to use mine. I keep my bags simple and wouldn't tie a twilly to a bag, is your mum likely to? If she likes to stack bracelets, she probably wouldn't use a twilly around her wrist.

You could get a gift certificate to either store, or buy the bracelet from Tiffanys if you think she will wear it.

The only other thing I can think of from Hermes in your budget is a box of scented drawer liners. My SA uses them and says they make her towels and underwear smell fabulous!

I would also choose a bracelet over a twilly.

I do think twillies are overpriced and I know I struggled to use mine. I keep my bags simple and wouldn't tie a twilly to a bag, is your mum likely to? If she likes to stack bracelets, she probably wouldn't use a twilly around her wrist.

You could get a gift certificate to either store, or buy the bracelet from Tiffanys if you think she will wear it.

The only other thing I can think of from Hermes in your budget is a box of scented drawer liners. My SA uses them and says they make her towels and underwear smell fabulous!

My mom enjoys adding details on her bag due to Its simplistic structure but the bracelet is good cuz she can stack it..

I am not sure about this Tiffany bracelet either and agree a gift card would be best if you decide on Tiffanys.

I do wear my twillys but not often. H does a lovely Hermessence gift set within your budget or the leather key rings are around £100. They can be used for keys or hung from a bag.

Hope this helps, good for you in putting so much thought into her gift.:biggrin:

I join the minority here...I have always felt twillies work better the younger--and fresher!--you are.

A different idea...

I do not own much from Tiffany's, but I do own and LOVE two different silver keychains. I use them for house and car keys every day. One links together with hearts. Do not know if it is still available. You mom would think of you every day, and would handle it often.

Just a thought!

I join the minority here...I have always felt twillies work better the younger--and fresher!--you are.

A different idea...

I do not own much from Tiffany's, but I do own and LOVE two different silver keychains. I use them for house and car keys every day. One links together with hearts. Do not know if it is still available. You mom would think of you every day, and would handle it often.

Just a thought!

Thanks! She does have a nice key ring though from my father... It's a great suggestion though :smile: