Comparison: Grainy Black vs. Smooth, Navy vs. Black

HeathJo

Sep 21, 2007
Here is a pic of the new grainy black nano (silver hardware, suede interior!) next to the smooth black nano. The new grainy REALLY is stunning IRL: much more polished and almost dressier than the other one.

001-1.jpg

Next, see pics of the new navy nano and mini next to black. Yes, the navy is darker than expected, but very obviously navy blue. I personally think it is awesome, even though I was surprised at how dark it is.

004.jpg

005.jpg

The mini almost appears lighter than the nano, both IRL and in the photo.

Hope these comparison pics help :smile:

Thanks for the comparison pictures! The navy is gorgeous! :love:

I agree! I really love the silver hardware with this color, and with all the other colors of Resort bags. It really POPS IRL!

Thanks HeathJo! The navy looks beautiful, patiently waiting for mine!

Please post when you get her!

Thanks for the comparisons pics!

YW--hope it is useful, despite my shoddy photography skills :P

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics! So the drummed leather = the new grainy right? Do you think it will slouch overtime? I'm looking for something that will hold its shape yet rather scratch-proof at the same time. This new grainy sounds promising.:smile:

HeathJo thanks for posting

The smooth leather is my very favourite mini of all time

BTW the 'grainy' drummed learher versions are NOT lined with suede it's some manmade stuff that feels a bit like suede

Thanks for the pics! So the drummed leather = the new grainy right? Do you think it will slouch overtime? I'm looking for something that will hold its shape yet rather scratch-proof at the same time. This new grainy sounds promising.:smile:

I think any of these will lose SOME of their shape if stored without being stuffed, but so far this new leather, both "drummed" and smooth, seems a bit more structured and more apt to retain its shape.

As far as scratches are concerned, I think both types will also be more resistant to them, but the drummed/grainy will definitely hide any that may occur a bit better than the smooth. The black outline on the sides of the bag seem larger = thicker diameter. Plus, it feels sturdier.

I really like the look of the 'drummed'--it looks less like the bag has "goose-pimples" and more like an etched surface. Plus, it is smooth to the touch. I would not have opted for a "grainy" Celine, but am now using a "drummed" one and really like it! Although I never have had a problem with scratches on smooth leather, I feel less afraid carrying this one because I know it is stronger and would show anay scratches less. In other words, I am not terrified to carry it!

HeathJo thanks for posting

The smooth leather is my very favourite mini of all time

BTW the 'grainy' drummed learher versions are NOT lined with suede it's some manmade stuff that feels a bit like suede

Yes, it is almost like a combo between felt, velvet and PVC. When you pull the pocket out, it looks like cloth.

Some of the drummed bags actually are lined with a cloth-like material, like the Fluo Orange and the new Citron--(not Citrine!) The Lune (light gray) has the "suede"-like material. I guess they are lining the brightly-colored bags with grainy leather in the cloth with the pockets outlined in leather.

The smooth bags I have seen so far are pretty much the same--lambskin lining. I prefer that and wish they would do that with all types.