**gucci canvas tote** durability? Opinions?

I own the Gucci Pelham shoulder bag and had no problems yet. Although I had a black canvas tote also from Gucci years ago and the corners of the bag showed wear. The canvas wore and you can see holes. I think Gucci canvas is not as durable as LV, IMO.

I own the Gucci Pelham shoulder bag and had no problems yet. Although I had a black canvas tote also from Gucci years ago and the corners of the bag showed wear. The canvas wore and you can see holes. I think Gucci canvas is not as durable as LV, IMO.

Thank you for responding!!! :smile:
How long did it take for the wear and holes to appear?

I have a Gucci canvas bamboo large purse and I am not that happy with it. The edges/seems are coming apart and I take very good care of it. I don't put that much in the bag because I am afraid it will continue to rip on the seems. For a very expensive bag, this should not be happening. I am not very satisfied and probably will not purchase another Gucci canvas again.

i don't have that particular tote, but i think it's very beautiful!! like a previous poster, i also have a gucci pelham. the canvas material is the same but the edges and shape of bag is different. i have to say my gucci pelham canvas bag is a rock star! i've had it for about a year now and even with near-constant use, it still looks brand new!! i love this canvas material more than the LV canvas (which is coated). hope that helps.

i don't have that particular tote, but i think it's very beautiful!! like a previous poster, i also have a gucci pelham. the canvas material is the same but the edges and shape of bag is different. i have to say my gucci pelham canvas bag is a rock star! i've had it for about a year now and even with near-constant use, it still looks brand new!! i love this canvas material more than the LV canvas (which is coated). hope that helps.

Thank you! that does help a lot! :smile: I'm so used to the LV canvas and I've seen Gucci bags that looked so beaten up. I was worried that the canvas wore much easier than coated.

no problem. oh, and i'm not saying LV is bad. it's my first love! :love: however, i can see how some people think it looks "plasticky" and i've read (though it's never happened to me) where the plastic coating can sometimes peel and crack, whereas the gucci canvas looks and feels more like "real" canvas.

I have the exact one shoebaglady! I have the one with brown trim and after 3 mos of everyday use, it still looks brand new and good thing is the edges are leather so you're safe!

I have several Guccic Canvas bags and so does my Sister and we just love it.. They wear awesome and do not required any fuss.. I have not scotch guarded any of them and my sister has not either..