Falling out of love with.....

GUCCI!!! haha :P, and falling deeper for LV.

I've been a long time collector of LV. However, these past few years, I did wander and found myself buying from the Gucci boutique. Now, I'm really regretting all of my Gucci pieces (no offence to those who love Gucci).

I was thinking of selling ALL my Gucci pieces to fund my LV wishlist and go strictly LV. What do you think? Have any of you sold everything and have devoted yourselves strictly to Louis?

I think I just need some help deciding and some support.

Thanks all!

That's a decision you need to make for yourself. I personally like a variety of brands and styles, but I know there are people here (in any subforum you can think of) who will only buy their one favourite brand. If you really don't like/use some of your bags then you may as well sell them though.

If you fell out of love w/ Gucci and LV makes you feel happy, then go for it! I only own a few Gucci pieces and the rest is LV. How about keep some of your most favorite Gucci's and sell the rest to fund your love for LV :biggrin:

i dont know. i'm like flipping between gucci and LV. like having two boyfriends. it's like once i get something from gucci, i'll buy another item from LV really soon and vice versa..

i like gucci's guccissima leather series and the seasonal colors..

but i can't pin point the main reason why i like LV!!

I love how LV has a larger collection for men when it comes to grey & black toned leather pieces. I still use a gucci wallet, but my wife always asks if I want a damier wallet for special events. I always say no because i am too frugal.

i dont know. i'm like flipping between gucci and LV. like having two boyfriends. it's like once i get something from gucci, i'll buy another item from LV really soon and vice versa..

Hahahaha like two boyfriends. It was kind of like that for awhile!

Thanks everyone for your help and support. I just found that Gucci wasn't as durable as I thought for being a luxury brand. I had a hobo for just one year and the fabric started to rip and I took it to the boutique only to be met with attitude and told me they couldn't do anything about it. I also have the Gucci Indy and one of the studs at the end of the tassle went missisng. And they also said they couldn't repair it. At that time the bag was just over 2k CAD. So now they are just sitting in the dust bag in the closet. I will post up pics when I get home tonight to better show you how poorly they are made in my case.

That's really funny:wondering about flipping around between 2 boyfriends, both of which you love, lol. I must say, though, although I have more LVs than any other purses, (I had 2 Guccis, gave one to my sister), I find myself carrying Louis more and more. It's like if you have a choice between driving a Mercedes or a clunker, which would you choose? Wouldn't the clunker stay in the garage a lot more than the Benz?

This is funny coz this is what I'm trying to do right now.. I'm thinking about selling my Gucci purses since I hardly wear them.. But I just don't know how to sell them and for how much? For those of you who sell their purses, how much less from the tag price you are supposed to sell it especially for Gucci?

Oh I don't know about selling ALL of them. If any are special, even if you don't use them regularly or haven't for a long time, keep them.

I really wish I had kept the first Gucci I bought in 1985.

That's really funny:wondering about flipping around between 2 boyfriends, both of which you love, lol. I must say, though, although I have more LVs than any other purses, (I had 2 Guccis, gave one to my sister), I find myself carrying Louis more and more. It's like if you have a choice between driving a Mercedes or a clunker, which would you choose? Wouldn't the clunker stay in the garage a lot more than the Benz?

lets just say.. my overall collection isn't that big.. and i have more SLGs than bags.. so i tried to tell myself to stick to one side (more towards LV), gucci comes up with something new and i'll walk there to have a look.. .. ...

Hahahaha like two boyfriends. It was kind of like that for awhile!

Thanks everyone for your help and support. I just found that Gucci wasn't as durable as I thought for being a luxury brand. I had a hobo for just one year and the fabric started to rip and I took it to the boutique only to be met with attitude and told me they couldn't do anything about it. I also have the Gucci Indy and one of the studs at the end of the tassle went missisng. And they also said they couldn't repair it. At that time the bag was just over 2k CAD. So now they are just sitting in the dust bag in the closet. I will post up pics when I get home tonight to better show you how poorly they are made in my case.

thanks for posting this. I usually buy LV but wanted to try out Gucci. I was worried about it not being durable so after reading this (and other reviews) I've returned it and am sticking to my tried and true LV.