Plum or black MAB?!

Plum or black MAB?

• Black

• Plum

Results are only viewable after voting.

bar724

Jul 3, 2010
So I'm relatively new to RM but have totally fallen in love! I'm in the process of selling some other bags to purchase more RM. Currently my only RM is a black cat studded Nikki & I pretty much carry that exclusively since I got it. I really want to take a leap for my first MAB! I can't decide between the classic black or plum (which I love). Would the plum go with enough that it could be an everyday bag? I'm also searching for a black MAC with gunmetal hardware so maybe that's too much black? I just know I wear mostly black colored things. Any opinions would be helpful!

Personally I'd go for the plum! Especially since you already have a black RM. I like color and purple is so versatile, I think you could wear it everyday and the plum is so beautiful.

*~*I voted black; the size of the MAB can be a bit overwhelming at first (it does get smooshy over time so it will look smaller), and I think black would be the best option for your first MAB since it goes with everything. Plum is a gorgeous color, but I say go with the black. Good luck ;) *~*

Personally I'd go for the plum! Especially since you already have a black RM. I like color and purple is so versatile, I think you could wear it everyday and the plum is so beautiful.

Ditto. In my experience, my purple bags go with absolutely everything. Even more versatile than black or brown, believe it or not.

^^I echo that sentiment. I find my purple bags go with absolutely every color in my wardrobe. It's a nice break from black and since you already have a black Nikki the Plum would be a nice break in color. My purple RM's get the most compliments too! Good luck in your decision.

I COMPLETELY AGREE with CH!! if you're gonna stick to black, then u MUST go for a black basketweave version!!! it's one of the quintessential bags every minkette should have, also the basketweave makes the black much more interesting by adding the texture, and the bright zipper tracks are one of RM's signatures and must-haves!

in regards to the fuchsia zipper track, this is one of the special order bags so they are pretty rare - u just have to be patient and wait for one to get listed on ebay, bonanza, ecrater, etc. i myself am patiently waiting for an old school BBW w/ brass hw and FDL lining - it's one of my UHG bags!!! :biggrin:

BUT if u find u already have too many black bags, then PLUM all the way, especially the new plum + rosegold hw combo that just came out!!! it's GORGEOUS!!

Thanks girls! I think I may go with Plum and hold out for a BBW MAB or MAM. Are the ones with the blue zipper track any easier to find? I've never used ecrater, so I'll have to check that one out.

Thanks girls! I think I may go with Plum and hold out for a BBW MAB or MAM. Are the ones with the blue zipper track any easier to find? I've never used ecrater, so I'll have to check that one out.

Does the Plum you are looking at have Rose Gold hardware? If it's the same as what I saw in Bloomies, I believe the metal may be metallic Rose-colored. Just give that some thought, if you mind that tone or not. I'm not a fan of it, but you might like it.

I voted Black just because it is classic... but if you are going to get both eventually, then I support you in whatever decision you make for now :smile:

The BBW bags, and ones with colored zipper are not THAT hard to find, they get posted for sale on ebay, bonanza etc on occasion. You should do research looking at completed sales to narrow down exactly what you are looking for (plus check what prices are reasonable) and then be ready to jump & buy when you find it. Good luck!!