My Brother Needs help with a gift from Bottega

My Brother told me that he wants to get his girl friend something from Bottega for Christmas and he asked what I would recommend. His girl friend doesn't own anything from bottega and she's 22. I suggested the Large Veneta Intrecciato in Ebano Brown or the Ebano Intrecciato Nappa Zip Around Wallet in Ebano and a key fob. The reason I suggested ebano is because I thought it was a nice classic color that will always look great. What do you all think makes the most sense. I want to give him the best advice. TIA.

I agree but instead of a key loop or fob get a lanyard
I can't live without mine
Ebano is a great color
I wear it with black and all kinds of colors and it never seems "not to match"
that is quite a nice gift he is giving her
does he need another gf LOL

bottegabaggirl - This is a tough question to answer. Is the girlfriend casual or more dressy? Are there colors she wears more frequently than others? Can you ask her some questions on the sly in order to get more of an idea about her style? Has she ever said anything about BV? She may have some specific requirements in a bag. You can never go wrong with a zip around wallet.

My first thought was the BV cosmetic case in Amethyst which I believe will be 30 percent off. It's not horribly expensive, the color is so very pretty, and it's a lovely introduction to the brand as it can also be used as a clutch. And then...

Inside said cosmetic case, put a fabulous Chanel lipstick, a nice gift card to Nordstrom, and something silly but personal--a magnet from a recent vacation, a favorite PEZ dispenser (you get the idea).

If you buy something on sale
it is not returnable if she does not like
when there is a sale
all merchandise is final sale

grietje

love this Idea so sweet

inside said cosmetic case, put a fabulous Chanel lipstick, a nice gift card to Nordstrom, and something silly but personal--a magnet from a recent vacation, a favorite PEZ dispenser (you get the idea).

I know Saks Fifth is having sale on Bottega, and they have 30% off marked down from original price and i'm not sure if there is one at your location. if yes go to check it and i just bought a Woven medium Hobo in Lt. brown yesterday. i assumed they can let returned it because of it's not final sale since my receipt doesn't say "all sale are final". Good luck to your brother and i hope he can get her GF a nice X' mas gift! :yahoo:

My first thought was the BV cosmetic case in Amethyst which I believe will be 30 percent off. It's not horribly expensive, the color is so very pretty, and it's a lovely introduction to the brand as it can also be used as a clutch. And then...

Inside said cosmetic case, put a fabulous Chanel lipstick, a nice gift card to Nordstrom, and something silly but personal--a magnet from a recent vacation, a favorite PEZ dispenser (you get the idea).

Thanks for the advice? Which cosmetic case though because doesn't BV make more than one?

bottegabaggirl - This is a tough question to answer. Is the girlfriend casual or more dressy? Are there colors she wears more frequently than others? Can you ask her some questions on the sly in order to get more of an idea about her style? Has she ever said anything about BV? She may have some specific requirements in a bag. You can never go wrong with a zip around wallet.

She is definitely more casual in general. More on a jeans and t shirt kind of girl. She likes to dress up when she and my brother go out, but im general she is definitely casual. If he got her the zip around wallet should he get her the matching Large Veneta for her next birthday? It might be a little too much for him to get her both for Christmas.

Well, there are a few ways to think of it. I have a couple of bags with matching small leather goods, but these are styles that are not strictly intrecciato, they are exotic or multicolored bags. What is sort of fun, is when you have a plain bag and inside there is a rainbow of wild colors. You can easily find a brightly colored wallet, card case or cosmetic bag inside.

So if she is jeans sort of girl, consider that a light color bag can get color transfer from the dyes in bluejeans. I love an Ebano large Veneta, like you suggested. But I agree with gretje (a hopeless romantic?:hugs:) and septembersiren's idea of a cosmetic case to start.

How about this in shock pink? http://www.bottegaveneta.com/defaul..."/shop-products/Womens/fine-leather-goods"}}}. And then maybe a card case in Violet for Valentine's Day?

Thanks for the advice? Which cosmetic case though because doesn't BV make more than one?

My thought was this one.
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...Bveneta%26_requestid%3D60022%26N%3D0%26va%3Dt

Call the Carmel CA BV boutique. I beieve they had amethyst cosmetic cases for 30 percent off. Otherwise, you could order from Neimans and if it is a bust, she could return it and undoubtedly find something else.

BTW, I do like the idea of spreading the BV out. I believe in managing expectations and setting precedent and to give both bag and wallet might set an awfully high expectation for future gifts.

Actually, why not ask your brother to bring his girlfriend out to BV? If he wants to be a surprise, he can still make it as a surprise.

Bring her out and observe what she is interested in. Then, make an excuse to go somewhere else. From there, he would be able to make an accurate purchase and his girlfriend will be ecstatic upon the gift. She'd be more happier to receive exactly what she dreamed of.:smile:

Actually, why not ask your brother to bring his girlfriend out to BV? If he wants to be a surprise, he can still make it as a surprise.

Bring her out and observe what she is interested in. Then, make an excuse to go somewhere else. From there, he would be able to make an accurate purchase and his girlfriend will be ecstatic upon the gift. She'd be more happier to receive exactly what she dreamed of.:smile:

He actually tried that, he was with her at Barney's a last weekend and was asking her what she thought of the different Bottega bags. She kept saying that they were really nice and he's pretty sure that she like the Large Veneta in Ebano but he's still not sure because she kept saying that they were too expensive. He's still not sure what to do.

My thought was this one.
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...Bveneta%26_requestid%3D60022%26N%3D0%26va%3Dt

Call the Carmel CA BV boutique. I beieve they had amethyst cosmetic cases for 30 percent off. Otherwise, you could order from Neimans and if it is a bust, she could return it and undoubtedly find something else.

BTW, I do like the idea of spreading the BV out. I believe in managing expectations and setting precedent and to give both bag and wallet might set an awfully high expectation for future gifts.

What color is amethyst? I can't find on the BV website.