Lindy vs kelly

w.y.h

O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Hi ladies,
I have a small collection of birkin 35, so kelly 22, Kelly longue and lindy 34....

Had decided to let go of my lindy to get a kelly 28 or 32 in the future

I think now 4 bags is just nice for my current collection and have no plan to add on the number of hermes bags in the collection so far. So one in , one has to be out..

I really like the lindy (thought it is one of the most practical and easy to use hermes bag) .... But i so wish to add a chevre kelly to my collection...

Thoughts? Thank you so much in advance :smile:

I can't imagine letting go a bag I really enjoy carrying and consider highly practical! Why do you want the Kelly? I have two and love them, but then they're my kind of bag - other Hermes are not. If it's just to round out a collection...well, I'm not a collector - I want bags that work for me.

My advice would be to either let go of the bag you use the least and love the least and get the Kelly if you REALLY want it for itself, or add another bag to your collection.

India always has such wise words. Don't sell a bag if it works great for you, just wait and save for the other one. What if the Kelly doesn't suit your style? The lindy is a great everyday bag, the kelly might not

veryyy hard decision to make.. hm.. IMO you can dress up or down with a kelly. but with a lindy its harder to do. i prefer the kelly ober lindy because i feel that it is more versatille. i have a lindy as well but i rarely use itfavoring a kelly because when im out, im out all day and the kelly is perfect for lunch dates and even a dinner meeting. But i agree with India and Maryg1. consider the bag u least use and love and alsi consider your personal style... in addition chevre is my favourite leather, and know so hars to get unless u SO/PO (correct me if im wrong), so make sure u have that kelly that is replacing your lindy if you truly feel like letting baby L go.

:heart: dokboki

Given that your Lindy has a place, maybe you should just up the number of bags in your collection? I just saw a woman carrying a Lindy in the Paris metro, and for the first time, I *got* how easy-to-use that bag is. And how darling! Meanwhile, my Kelly doesn't win out for ease of use, and that matters on a busy day (on those days, the Trim or Marwari beat it hands down). If you find the Kelly more desirable for some reason--and can replace the Lindy with something less spendy--then why not? Only you know.

India, very valuable advice. Thank you so much.

Yes, the lindy was such a practical bag for me, easy to use, really really enjoyable. I want to try something else (chevre leather), a different color and also to see if a kelly 28 or 32 works for me. I tried a kelly35 clemence before and it didn't work for me

I just wonder if I would regret letting go the lindy since that is the bag that I know really works for me. I have not exactly carried my so kelly and thought it was not the bag to let go.

I can't imagine letting go a bag I really enjoy carrying and consider highly practical! Why do you want the Kelly? I have two and love them, but then they're my kind of bag - other Hermes are not. If it's just to round out a collection...well, I'm not a collector - I want bags that work for me.

My advice would be to either let go of the bag you use the least and love the least and get the Kelly if you REALLY want it for itself, or add another bag to your collection.

I would totally love to have both the lindy and kelly in my collection. But I can't help feeling that I am insane owning 5 bags!!! I know this is subjective, but I thought I should keep it at 4. I did a 5th once (with a constance 23) and was so glad when she did not worked out ...it just felt too many bags and too little occasions to rotate them, especially with my current lifestyle...

ryg1;20473396]India always has such wise words. Don't sell a bag if it works great for you, just wait and save for the other one. What if the Kelly doesn't suit your style? The lindy is a great everyday bag, the kelly might not[/QUOTE]

Yes, dokboki, chevre is so hard to come by and I am wishing for a sellier one phw in the right color, so I am guessing a preowned one maybe the way to go.

You are right, the lindy is more casual compared to the kelly. Their similarity is that both can be a tote and a shoulder bag which is also why I thought I can replaced my lindy with a kelly.

veryyy hard decision to make.. hm.. IMO you can dress up or down with a kelly. but with a lindy its harder to do. i prefer the kelly ober lindy because i feel that it is more versatille. i have a lindy as well but i rarely use itfavoring a kelly because when im out, im out all day and the kelly is perfect for lunch dates and even a dinner meeting. But i agree with India and Maryg1. consider the bag u least use and love and alsi consider your personal style... in addition chevre is my favourite leather, and know so hars to get unless u SO/PO (correct me if im wrong), so make sure u have that kelly that is replacing your lindy if you truly feel like letting baby L go.

:heart: dokboki

Arabsques, you know, just reading your post remind me how I used to carry my lindy (fond memories)...this is probably the third time or so I want to let go of my lindy and I keeping going back and forth about it. The bag is with a reseller on consignment now and I know if it doesn't sell fast, I will rethink my decision.

I know a kelly doesn't win a lindy in terns of easy to use. So does a so kelly. I tried a kelly 35 clemence and it didn't work out. I don't like clemence and it is weird for where I stay, because people here are mostly opting for clemence and togo... I am also curious if a 28 or 32 kelly might work better. These days I carried less (I just migrated early this year) compared to where I used to stay. I also think if I do let go of my lindy 34 and I still want a lindy next time, I will go for a size 30..

Given that your Lindy has a place, maybe you should just up the number of bags in your collection? I just saw a woman carrying a Lindy in the Paris metro, and for the first time, I *got* how easy-to-use that bag is. And how darling! Meanwhile, my Kelly doesn't win out for ease of use, and that matters on a busy day (on those days, the Trim or Marwari beat it hands down). If you find the Kelly more desirable for some reason--and can replace the Lindy with something less spendy--then why not? Only you know.

dokboki, yes, sellier kelly in chevre :smile: color wise, orange (potiron) is in but not pink...yes I want a phw too since my birkin and so kelly are already ghw

they are so difficult to find, I don't think i am able to freely choose the color combo...sigh....

I once got this close at getting a raisin one...but held back and been thinking about that bag ever since.

Which is why I am thinking now, since I am using the so kelly now and the lindy is going to be kept in the cabinet for sometime anyway, I thought i will let it go so I can be ready to purchase right away should a kelly sellier chevre is available ... part of the reason i didn't get the raisin at that time was I thought i had to many bags to justify the purchase ...

So good luck to both of us :smile: hope we get the bag of our dreams

sellier kelly in chevre!!! my oh my. exactly what i want my next bag to be, color wise something pink or orange in phw. could it be yours too?!

shopaholicious, thank you for the support! That's exactly what I thought too. I am also thinking to get other color in a lindy 30 next time (but still swift leather). But that will be after I am able to get a kelly first :smile:

I think that's smart to take the opportunity to downsize from Lindy 34 to 30. :smile:

It's good that you are giving so kelly a chance so you can make a better judgement.