Artsy, Tivoli PM or Tivoli GM?

kokogirl

Jan 4, 2011
I already got myself an early Christmas present of the mono key pouch and mono Eva. I told my hubby that I wanted another LV for our 18th wedding anniversary, which is December 27th. I showed him pics of all the bags on my short list and asked his opinion of which ones he like better and/or thought were more my style.

My short list was:
Delightful PM or MM
Speedy 30 either B or not B
Neverfull MM
Artsy MM
Tivoli PM or GM

I liked the Artsy and Tivoli best, but they are the more expensive bags so I was thinking that I should get spend less money (or maybe get a less expensive bag and an accessory). It was pretty awesome that he also liked the Artsy and Tivoli bags best! I told him they were the most expensive of the ones that I was choosing from, and he said "well, of course!" :P

I am asking all of your opinions of which one I should chose out of Artsy, Tivoli PM & Tivoli GM. All my LV bags are listed in my signature and I am trying to get a diverse collection. For this bag I am looking for a daily bag. Thank you!

I vote for either artsy or tivoli. Artsy is my favorite bag of all time, but the tivoli is also a beauty. Both bags are very stylish, chic and practical. I have read here the some tivoli gm straps curl over time, so you might want to factor that in when you make your choice. Among the other choices you have, they are lower priced so much easier to buy later on when you do decide that you still want them. I have bought bags before for the reason that they are less expensive. I have regretted doing this because my heart kept going back to the one I really like and ended up getting that too. Good luck deciding!

I vote for either artsy or tivoli. Artsy is my favorite bag of all time, but the tivoli is also a beauty. Both bags are very stylish, chic and practical. I have read here the some tivoli gm straps curl over time, so you might want to factor that in when you make your choice. Among the other choices you have, they are lower priced so much easier to buy later on when you do decide that you still want them. I have bought bags before for the reason that they are less expensive. I have regretted doing this because my heart kept going back to the one I really like and ended up getting that too. Good luck deciding!

Yes, I figure if I can get the more expensive bag now, I can squeeze in a less expensive one for a birthday or mother's day or something.

Thank you for the advise. And the straps curling is making the Tivoli GM my 3rd choice right now.

Yes, I figure if I can get the more expensive bag now, I can squeeze in a less expensive one for a birthday or mother's day or something.

Thank you for the advise. And the straps curling is making the Tivoli GM my 3rd choice right now.

They say in the thread that you can avoid curling if you set the straps at the longest setting. If this length will work for you, then you might have no problems with curling. But if you want to switch from hand held to shoulder carried, you might have to think about this really well. It's a great bag, but curling is a deal breaker for me.

out of all 3, the artsy will be the easiest to wear because of the one handle. anything with 2 handles tend to slip off of my shoulders. you just need patient to wait for it to soften up because it is stiff when its brand new.

i have my tivoli gm a little over a year now and no curling issue. i think a few factor comes to play: 1. i have a few bag to use in my rotation and i tend to change my bag out every couple of weeks 2. when its not in use... i take the strap off, straighten them out before putting it in the dust bag 3. i never put the strap to the shortest for handheld purposes, i just leave it on the 3rd hole and its very easy to go from handheld to shoulder without having to adjust and readjust the straps.

tivoli pm is also very pretty and surprisingly it holds a lot. this was originally what i planned to buy but i tend to stir away from handheld bags. good luck on deciding, you can't go wrong with any of them.

I have an Empriente Artsy and a Tivoli GM. As much as I think the Tivoli is pretty, I've hardly used it since it's a bag that seems to need a lot of fuss from me. I only use it as a shoulder bag but the vachetta on it drives me absolutely crazy. Also, it doesn't look that good as a hand held bag to me, especially since I have to make sue the straps don't curl. You also have to adjust the pleats in the middle to make sure the bag doesn't become deformed.

Artsy gets my vote. Less vachetta, looks gorgeous and has so many interior pockets! However, if you want a bag that has more options of carrying, Tivoli would probably be the way to go.

I do love the look of the Tivoli, but all this talk of high maintenance sounds like a bit of a drag. What Artsy are you looking at? I adore the Artsy personally and think an Azur one would fit beautifully into your collection.

I do love the look of the Tivoli, but all this talk of high maintenance sounds like a bit of a drag. What Artsy are you looking at? I adore the Artsy personally and think an Azur one would fit beautifully into your collection.

I am thinking of mono. I know I need an Azur piece, but I am am afraid of color transfer. I wear a lot of dark jeans, and I am short, so the bag will hit my hip area.

Maybe I need to see the Azur in person. A nice SA actually offered to let me see it the day before it was supposed to be released (Oct 31) when I was in Las Vegas, and I declined. That was stupid!!