Minneapolis/Mall of America PF Meeting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, stay safe and warm everyone! We are buried in. We can't get to our ponies to hay them today. Poor things. We have to have a farmer come dig us out, our plow is of no use. I know this is OT but here's a couple of pics from our front door! And unbelievable that even the MOA is closed! What a bummer! Wonder how many times they've had to do that in the past? Yes, spring is coming..... I'll keep telling myself that! :crybaby:

Yikes!!!

Katie, I think the light rail is an awesome idea. A few hours at MOA then head into town for more shopping, be it window shopping or not. A trip on the rail is always a better idea than paying for parking, finding parking and navigating out of the city.

Katie, I think the light rail is an awesome idea. A few hours at MOA then head into town for more shopping, be it window shopping or not. A trip on the rail is always a better idea than paying for parking, finding parking and navigating out of the city.

Yea, I agree. I don't really mind driving downtown and whatnot... but I'm a pretty hardcore suburb girl and driving downtown tends to overwhelm me. LOL! And hey, the light rail trip is a good time for some casual conversation and everyone would be able to be together rather than trying to play follow the leader up the freeway.

^ i agree with you ladies. the light rail is a great option instead of driving, and finding/paying for parking downtown.

i recently found out a friend of mine is coming back into town the day of the meet-up... so, i should be able to make it to the MOA for an hour or two, but may have to pass on the trip downtown. we'll see, though... i'm optimistic about making it.

Actually the light rail goes from the MOA to Nicollet Mall. Oh, and by the way... I'm in! I usually spend a lot of time on the Coach part of the forum so I didn't even see this sticky! But yea... Light Rail stops right at Nicollet Mall and it's about a 25 minute ride from mall to mall!

I believe it's about $2.50 or so for a 2 or 3 hour pass.

I was thinking a trip downtown would be fun. So I'm glad someone else suggested it. I've ridden the light rail from Downtown to MOA and it's a pleasant trip and easy way to get there. More chance to bond! I'm totally in!

^^ Cool! Hope you can make it! I'm so excited!! When times gets closer I'll repost all the details so we can double check them and make sure we're all on the same page.

I think I'm going to hit the Coach outlet before heading on to the MOA. How far is it from the outlet to the mall? I want to try to time it right so I get to the mall by noon. At least I'm hoping I can do it!!

Just 6 weeks to go!! :yahoo:

never-enough-LV: Glad you can come! This will be so fun! And I love that: "10,000 lakes and only ONE LV SHOP" LOL! I think South Dakota has 0!

mnshopgirl32: Thanks! I will plan on a quick stop in at the outlet before going on to the mall then!

6 weeks seems like such a long time right now!!

Alrighty, so that those who have a little bit of a drive (such as my 4 hours!) I'd like to have a bit of a schedule... I've heard from one gal that says about 3 hours is a good amount of time to see what we want in the MOA then move on to DT. Anyone who wants to skip DT and stay at the mall of course is welcome to. So:

12:00 meet at Cali Cafe by Macy's for lunch
12:30 hit the mall!!
12:30-3:30ish shop, shop, shop!! (It is required that I hit Coach and Sephora... other suggestions are welcome! LOL!)
3:30-4:00ish light rail to DT
4:00-??? shop til we drop again! LV, Saks, NM!

OK, so here I'm wondering how long do we need for shopping downtown? I have to drive home or maybe I'll stay overnight and head back home the next day. Is my schedule looking right? Any suggestions for how much time is needed downtown? Nothing has to be set in stone but a general idea is helpful so we all know what to expect. Thanks gals!

Status
Not open for further replies.